1,464 results
All reviews front desk san francisco bay bridge gas station hilton garden mountain view easy access hotel shuttle parking fee convenient location hotel restaurant free shuttle emery go round king bed light sleeper hgi freeway
Reviewed 6 September 2018

The bay views are lovely here. The staff was absolutely magnificent! We will stay here again. Wonderful location with restaurants within walking distance and a walking trail right across the street alongside the water.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Bruce B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2018

Incredible Tinkerbell for your 5 Star "Wonderful Hotel" Review of our Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. Sounded like a magical experience. I am so glad that you found our staff to be magnificent !
Thanks again

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Booked hotel the morning of the actual stay. I'm a Hilton Honors member and I was able to snag one of the last remaining bay view rooms at a great price. Mind you, the room was right behind the elevator banks. It wasn't too bad. Because I was right behind them, my room was configured differently. The bathroom was somewhat in the middle towards the back of the elevator banks and the view of SF bay was great until the fog rolled in. I did get a great view of the twinkling lights of the Bay Bridge.

All in all, I thought the room was very good. The housekeeping staff must have used some sort of "Febreze" on the bedspread which made it very fragrant. I loved it! The bed was very comfortable including the comforter and the pillows. I usually have problems with the room AC staying on too long, but it was just perfect. I had a great stay! Elevators were fast. I did have a minor problem with the digital key, but it was find afterwards. Every staff person I encountered were great.

Caveat...breakfast and parking is extra, but you do have in/out privileges. Message to management, the curtains were slightly torn and it didn't close all the way. It would be a major concern for rooms with a sunrise.

Room Tip: Odd-numbered rooms have the bay view, if you can get one. (E.g., fog) Not Hilton's fault.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo

Thanks Carino for your Awesome "Last Minute Stay" with us at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. I'm glad that your HHonors status was able to get you an upgrade to a Bay View and enjoy on of our unusually rooms. I know you will not believe it but that type room that wraps around the elevator is my favorite room for all the reasons that you pointed out - it is so different.
Thanks again

Reviewed 3 September 2018

GRRR little upset with this experience. Avoid this hotel if you have "special needs" Our experience with the staff was .....it is what it is..... We found this behavior @ Check in to be distressing enven after we explained to the staff that I called in advance to address our special needs.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Bruce B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Thanks gbernard for your review from your "August Trip". I'm sorry that we were not able to meet your needs and I share your disappointment. I am looking into how we could have handled your special needs better so we can improve in the future. I appreciate you sharing so we can do better.These are times we would like to shine in the Hospitality Industry when the opportunities arises. Thanks

Thanks

Reviewed 22 August 2018

Unfriendly , tough and unprofessional i supposed to receive packages from amazon and when asked they was replying impolitely and the rooms are very small even i chose queen bed but it was small , when asking to get baby cot to my room they replied no place in the room !! I asked for another room they replied all reserved so on what base you are offering a queen bed which is very small !!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Bruce B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Thanks for your recent review regarding your stay with us. I am very sorry that our staff were not helpful in assisting you with you trying to find your package from Amazon. I feel your frustration. I know this compounded your frustration when you were trying to get a roll away bed for your room. In August we run one of the highest occupancy for the year which makes some situations more difficult and less options when trying to please our guests. I apologize that your stay was disappointing and is not our typical experience. Thanks for sharing as I will share with our staff.
Thanks

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel began great. The location is 16 miles from SFO and 30-35 miles from a Premium Outlet. The hotel is also close to downtown San Francisco and near Berkeley’s campus.

Here are my issues:

Staff assumed I was from California when I asked for directions and recommendations for shopping.

I had a group or 3-4 places in the room next to mine and staff came to inform them they were being moved up to another floor. Thank you, I was a call away from complaining in regards to their noise.

Lastly, my shower rod was connected with duct tape!

The good, the bartender was friendly and prices fair. Hotel is clean and well kept.

Manager did not respond to the text messages that were auto sent to me.

Room 1001

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Bruce B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Thanks asirmans2000 for your recent review of the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. I was glad that we headed off the potential problem of a noisy neighbor but what really amazed me was the picture of the duct tape on the shower curtain rod. I have been here 4 years to which I have not been able to catch our Repair & Maintenance Dept with a shoddy repair job. That picture was priceless. I immediately had to get into the room see if I could see first hand that duct tape and take a picture for myself - which I did ! Much to amazement I had my maint crew with me so they could see as well. I pulled the duct tape as I expected the shower rod to go flying - but it didn't ? Now I am not to sure why the duct tape was there to begin with as the shower rod was in perfect condition as the mystery continues. I am pulling the lock interrogation to see which engineer went into the room for I have no calls for a shower rod having any problem. My other question is how long did we inspect the room with duct tape and not report it - crazy but this is the fun part of my job.
Thanks asirmans2000 again for your reply and pictures - it made my day.