“Beautiful property but a few fails”

Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in El Segundo
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

When I walked into the property, I was excited because it was beautiful. I admit that I'm a hotel snob, so this property started with high marks for me. I got to my room and was impressed with how spacious it was. I was less impressed with the loud air purifier that was left in my room plugged up and running. I called the front desk to tell them about the machine. I was told someone would be to retrieve it but after an hour of the machine still sitting in my room, I decided to unplug it and leave it outside my door. The next thing that annoyed me was there was no remote in my room. I was brought a replacement in a timely matter. I usually wipe all bathroom surfaces and the phone and remote down with Clorox wipes and this time was no different. What bothered me most was the hairs that were sitting proudly on the sink .... gross. I then pull back the shower curtain which revealed more hairs but it was clear not from the same owner .... double gross. This is why flip flops and Clorox wipes are your friends. I used the gym, which was very nice. The treadmills allow you to listen to music or watch tv while working out. Breakfast was also good with people to keep it stocked and a good selection. I would stay at this property again but please remove the hairs before I get there.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Marcia H

Reviewed 14 November 2017

We stayed as a family for a week in October, and really made the most of the pool, jacuzzi, fire pit and spacious accomodation. We also enjoyed the daily food and drink offered free of charge mid-week.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
ResidenceInnElSeg, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Dear Catherine P,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share details of your recent stay at the Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/ El Segundo.
We are happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, our facilities and offerings.
We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to El Segundo.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

We just needed a place to sleep for two nights near the hotel. We didn't need fancy because this wasn't a vacation per se, we were in town for the weekend for an event. We know the area well because we used to live there, so we knew this would be wicked easy to get back to the car rental on Monday morning, and it really is. So, first, you want airport, perfect locale.

Clean all around from the room to the public areas. The breakfast area is hard to keep sparkling, so all I want to see is someone out there trying to keep up, and they have that. If I didn't find a wiped table someone was there to wipe it down.

This is not a big property, the parking is tight, but we had no problem finding a space to park at midnight on Sunday night. Also, it is not a long walk to the back building from check-in unless you have some sort of mobility issues.

Breakfast is what it is. Don't go to a Residence Inn and expect fresh omelets. Come on, expectations are a bit high if you expect anything other than some sausage, those biscuits, make a waffle and the mix scrambled eggs. Oh, you have yogurt, can grab a banana or apple and make some toast. Check yourself if you are expecting made to order omelets.

Noise, yeah, you will hear the rail. I don't think you hear it that much for it to be a big deal, but I've lived in the middle of big cities, that noise ain't nothing to me, but I guess if you live where the worst you hear at night is a dog, you might complain. That said, it isn't constant, so even then I'm not sure it is anything to be uber freaked by

Every employee was pleasant & friendly. Overall, if I need to stay near the airport, I'd do it again. If I am working in the area, and there are plenty of companies around and my company has us at this level of hotel, sure.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
ResidenceInnElSeg, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Dear Narnce,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding your wonderful experience at the Residence Inn El Segundo. Your positive feedback is much appreciated.

We are happy to hear that our convenient location, amenities and staff exceeded your expectations during your visit.

We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to El Segundo.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

After traveling in a jet for 17 (total travel time 26 hours) hours and 12 time zones I needed a very quiet room.. Nel (front desk) took this challenge and quickly got me a room that was very quiet and dark! Be careful as there are many Residence Inns at LAX.... make sure that you get on the right bus! Breakfast was very good with attractive choices.

Room Tip: The front desk will look after you!
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2017

This was our 2nd visit to this hotel. We are Marriott gold members so we obviously find something to like about Marriott hotels. Check in was fast. We took a long walk outside to the building in back. We could have parked back there but there were no spaces. So, 4th floor, studio room. Room OK. good vanity space. There was a constant loud noise from something (maybe a/c on roof). We didn't realize how bad it was until we were changed and in bed. We decided to stay put because we were only here for one night.

So we turned off the lights only to find very bright light coming in from both windows. Yes, we had the blackout drapes drawn shut. It didn't matter. there was either a spotlight or some light aimed right at our room. I don't ask for that much. Quiet room and dark room when I'm trying to sleep. Not here. Worst sleep ever in a Marriott.

Breakfast was fine but it didn't make up for the dark circles I now had under my eyes.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
ResidenceInnElSeg, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear fernh,

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback regarding your recent stay.
I am sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations this time around due to the noise disturbance and the bright light coming in through the window.

I sincerely apologize for the negative experience and hope that you give us the opportunity to make it up to you during your next visit to the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near El Segundo
Cambria LAX
#4 of 13 in El Segundo
Hyatt Place LAX El Segundo
#3 of 13 in El Segundo
LAX Area
Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard

Been to Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo? Share your experiences!