All reviews front desk full kitchen fire pit free breakfast one bedroom suite manhattan beach basketball court light dinner yogurt main building close to the airport home away from home outdoor pool free parking la area great place to stay business trip
Reviewed 8 October 2017

We just needed a place to sleep for two nights near the hotel. We didn't need fancy because this wasn't a vacation per se, we were in town for the weekend for an event. We know the area well because we used to live there, so we knew this would be wicked easy to get back to the car rental on Monday morning, and it really is. So, first, you want airport, perfect locale.

Clean all around from the room to the public areas. The breakfast area is hard to keep sparkling, so all I want to see is someone out there trying to keep up, and they have that. If I didn't find a wiped table someone was there to wipe it down.

This is not a big property, the parking is tight, but we had no problem finding a space to park at midnight on Sunday night. Also, it is not a long walk to the back building from check-in unless you have some sort of mobility issues.

Breakfast is what it is. Don't go to a Residence Inn and expect fresh omelets. Come on, expectations are a bit high if you expect anything other than some sausage, those biscuits, make a waffle and the mix scrambled eggs. Oh, you have yogurt, can grab a banana or apple and make some toast. Check yourself if you are expecting made to order omelets.

Noise, yeah, you will hear the rail. I don't think you hear it that much for it to be a big deal, but I've lived in the middle of big cities, that noise ain't nothing to me, but I guess if you live where the worst you hear at night is a dog, you might complain. That said, it isn't constant, so even then I'm not sure it is anything to be uber freaked by

Every employee was pleasant & friendly. Overall, if I need to stay near the airport, I'd do it again. If I am working in the area, and there are plenty of companies around and my company has us at this level of hotel, sure.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
ResidenceInnElSeg, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Dear Narnce,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding your wonderful experience at the Residence Inn El Segundo. Your positive feedback is much appreciated.

We are happy to hear that our convenient location, amenities and staff exceeded your expectations during your visit.

We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to El Segundo.

Ursula Rohler

Reviewed 6 September 2017

After traveling in a jet for 17 (total travel time 26 hours) hours and 12 time zones I needed a very quiet room.. Nel (front desk) took this challenge and quickly got me a room that was very quiet and dark! Be careful as there are many Residence Inns at LAX.... make sure that you get on the right bus! Breakfast was very good with attractive choices.

Room Tip: The front desk will look after you!
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2017

This was our 2nd visit to this hotel. We are Marriott gold members so we obviously find something to like about Marriott hotels. Check in was fast. We took a long walk outside to the building in back. We could have parked back there but there were no spaces. So, 4th floor, studio room. Room OK. good vanity space. There was a constant loud noise from something (maybe a/c on roof). We didn't realize how bad it was until we were changed and in bed. We decided to stay put because we were only here for one night.

So we turned off the lights only to find very bright light coming in from both windows. Yes, we had the blackout drapes drawn shut. It didn't matter. there was either a spotlight or some light aimed right at our room. I don't ask for that much. Quiet room and dark room when I'm trying to sleep. Not here. Worst sleep ever in a Marriott.

Breakfast was fine but it didn't make up for the dark circles I now had under my eyes.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
ResidenceInnElSeg, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear fernh,

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback regarding your recent stay.
I am sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations this time around due to the noise disturbance and the bright light coming in through the window.

I sincerely apologize for the negative experience and hope that you give us the opportunity to make it up to you during your next visit to the area.

Ursula Rohler

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Very good hotel close to LAX with good access to the local highways and Redondo Beach/Torrance areas. We went on a family vacation visiting our son working in Redondo Beach. Rooms and service are excellent but breakfast was fair to poor otherwise I would have given an overall excellent rating. Unfortunately they serve powdered eggs, other than that everything else was fresh. The gym also needs improvement as there only 2 treadmills and 2 stationary bikes (no stairmasters) but did have dumbells. I would stay again at this hotel!

Room Tip: All suite hotel but request a higher floor as quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2017

This is the way hotels should be (hear that Hyatt House El Segundo).

I arrived for my stay at 230 and my room was ready. The front desk clerk was professional and informative. I'd asked for a room facing the pool and was given Suite 133 - which is not in the main building. Just one caution - these rooms are near the train tracks and can be a but noisy.

The room itself was clean and spacious. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept on. And even though the pillows were pretty soft, the whole nights sleep was great.

There was a nice family vibe around the pool and the basketball court as well as in the dining area.

When I had two issues with the toilet, the front desk clerk offered to send the engineer "right away." By the time I'd returned to the room in the afternoon, not only were the issues fixed but the room was clean and refreshed as well. Rosa, who took care of my room, was awesome.

Another poster mentioned the parking. The spaces go fast at night!

Overall a great hotel at which I'd stay at again.

Room Tip: Main building rooms are best.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business