2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$192
TravelocityUS$192
ZenHotels.comUS$281
Agoda.comUS$230
2,561 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 August 2022

I stayed here in May for a few days and had a horrifying experience with bedbugs in both beds inside Room 190.

What I first thought was insect bites from hiking in the park turned out to be bedbug bites from the room itself.

I have never experienced this before so it was a few days until I noticed that other guests had left similar reviews about the bedbug infestations and realised this was the same issue.

The bites were huge and red and made me feel so unwell I had to take antihistamines. Because of the nature of bedbugs, they were still appearing on my body even after I had checked out, and I had to dispose of my clothes and quarantine myself from my family once I got home.

It is August and my body still shows the scars of the bites.

The hotel refused to compensate me.

Room tip: Ask for the room WITHOUT BEDBUGS and you should be ok. Room 190, maybe others?
Date of stay: May 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2022 via mobile

My family and I recently stayed here during July 4 weekend. Properties within Yosemite were sold out. For the money, I don’t think it was worth staying here. It was an expensive outdated motel. They were remodeling some units so hopefully they will work to update the whole property.

Cons: Expensive outdated motel, expensive food at the hotel restaurant (about $19 for the breakfast buffet for adults, $13 for kids), uncomfortable bed, no WiFi or cellular service.

Pros: somewhat close to Yosemite and gas station, across the street river access, quiet, friendly front desk staff.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2022

We were very happy with this motel. The room was neat and clean. Having a restaurant on site was perfect. I have no complaints at all. The only bothersome detail was that we had to pay for wifi and it wasn't reliable. It would cut in and out and it wouldn't work in the restaurant.

Reviewed 27 June 2022 via mobile

Pros:
LOCATION it is 7 miles to the entrance to Yosemite (where you’d pay for admission)
Mini- fridge with small freezer space
4 cup coffee maker in room that uses cone shaped filters
Outdoor and indoor pools (outdoor pool was actually chilly considering it’s been 100+ degrees each day)
Spacious room with two queen beds and double pull out sofa sleeper
The place was full but we didn’t hear a peep from the neighbors during the five nights we were there
Shower water was warm with good pressure
The beds were comfortable and I have a pillow top at home
Air conditioner kept up with keeping the room cool despite the high temperatures outside
Good selection of food items at the store if needed
VALUE for the money compared to surrounding accommodations

Cons:
YOU NEED RESERVATIONS TO GET INTO YOSEMITE BETWEEN 6a-4p!! Most hotels send an automated check-in/reservation email 3-7 days prior to check in. I wish Cedar Lodge had done that. Yes, I am accountable for finding this out too but it would have been appreciated if this was communicated somehow

So if you don’t have reservations you must enter the park before 6am which is ok considering the blazing heat but the lobby isn’t open for coffee until 7am and this hotel is in a remote area for very few options for coffee so plan on making it in your room with the 4-cup makes

There’s a microwave in the lobby, which opens at 7am, so bring food that doesn’t require warming

Another option for getting into the park without reservations between 6a-4p is riding the YARTS shuttle. You need reservations and it is fourteen dollars per person round trip. You can’t make reservations because there’s NO INTERNET WHATSOEVER, not even a public computer to use in the lobby

They charge ten dollars per day for internet through a third party provider for two devices. For Pete’s sake, just PROVIDE INTERNET and include it in your nightly room fee, that would save you all the negative reviews

The shower head is too short (for reference, I am 5’7” see picture)

Given the remoteness of this lodge, BRING YOUR OWN FOOD) Even in the park the food options are so limited, presumably due to staffing

We would stay here again

Sent from my iPhone

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2022

Was a very convenience location and affordable for the season. Location was close to entrance park under 30 minutes. Gas station 5 minutes away restaurant has good quality food. Staff was friendly. and the store had a lot of excelente quality articles for suveniers.

Room tip: A couple curtain exhibited visible stains