All reviews hotel is located yogurt pancake machine walking distance to restaurants hard boiled eggs nice amenities perfect stay fantastic hotel business center rooms are spacious apple hill folsom tahoe hie gym microwave couch
Reviewed 20 June 2017

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express hotel chain on past occasions and find it to be a comfortable and clean establishment. My most recent stay, however, at the HIE in El Dorado Hills, was very disappointing. The hotel is located in the middle of a commercial development called the Eldorado Hills Town Center, a fashionable place with a number of small retail outlets, good restaurants, a great scenic venue, and an amazing architecture. The hotel, however, does not have any establishment parking and simply uses the shopping center parking lot, which can be quite busy at times.
When I booked my reservation, well in advance, I went online and began my search, but could not located the room type I wanted, so I called the hotel directly and spoke to a nice young man, Emilio, who stated that my desired room type was not available. He then began to quote me prices that were much higher than the ones I was viewing online, so I thanked him for the information and completed my online booking.

I arrived at the hotel on a weekday and spent two nights. The hotel is currently remodeling a portion of the 3rd floor and has completed remodeling some rooms on other floors. Unfortunately, tbhey seem to be in a rush to finish because my room, on the 4th floor, was remodeled, but missing some standard furniture and the walls were bare. The shower curtain had been hung about three inches too high and after my first shower, the entire bathroom floor was flooded. The toilet was also not in working order.

The shopping center apparently hold a series of concerts during the summer and my last night, Thursday, was one of those nights. When I returned to the hotel, the entire parking area was full and some cars were double parked by concert attendees. I had to park about a quarter mile away. The walk was fine, but the inconvenience was not. The noise from the concert was deafening and went on until 9:00 p.m. The hotel staff did not care much about customer issues in this situation.

You can buy snacks in the lobby from a glass freezer. A canned soft drink, was one dollar last year at a HIE; this year it was two dollars. I also found it somewhat "tacky" that the freezer was full of microwaveable dinners for sale. So much for the HIE working with local restaurants in a good customer relations factor.

I would not return to this location, but did locate another HIE in nearby Folsom, which I will try the next time around.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites El Dorado Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Hi TravelinInaDavlin,

Thank you for leaving a candid review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We value each feedback as this will allow us to identify the areas that may benefit from our additional attention. It is disheartening to know that your experience was not as pleasant as it should have been. I am sorry for the disappointments you had with the location, parking, and room accommodations provided. Our guest's comfort remains a priority and I apologize for letting you feel otherwise. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer in the future.

Again, thank you for your comments and for choosing us for your lodging needs.

Ingrid V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Lovely inn in a quaint shopping center. It's clean, has friendly staff, lots of parking and you know what to expect at Holiday Inn Express, whether in El Dorado Hills or someplace in Fresno. Totally affordable and I will stay here when visiting again.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
EDH-Holiday-Inn-, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites El Dorado Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Thanks for the kind words - we love that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

In the process of moving and spent a great nite here
From the minute we checked in the staff was super and polite and asked repeatedly if there was anything they could assist with
The room were impeccable and very quiet
In a shopping area and local restaurants readily available
Morning complimentary breakfast was very good

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
EDH-Holiday-Inn-, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites El Dorado Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

Fredsabbe- Thanks for the review. We love to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy the Town Center. I hope the rest of your move went well.

Reviewed 28 April 2017

From check-in to check-out everything was perfect. The Front Desk people were very friendly and answered our questions in a helpful way. I don't think i ever had such a quick check-in. No long questioning of car description or licensing and just a glance at your ID, everything was done to expedite your time spent at the front-desk. The rooms were very nice, much nicer than would expect in the Mid-Price range. I could not find one flaw, everything about this hotel is excellent!

Room Tip: Our room was perfect, couldn't ask for anything more
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2017

My husband, my daughter, and I stopped to stay here after my uncle's 60th birthday party. The room was a typical Holiday Inn room, but was clean and was just what we needed for a quick 1-night stay. The breakfast that was included with the room was amazing and worth the price of the night, which I did think was a little high for this area--we've stayed in Tahoe for cheaper... anyways... the breakfast was worth it--from cereal to hard-boiled eggs to bacon, pancakes, yogurt, and bagels---there was an array of food choices and also juice, coffee and milk, too.

Room Tip: Rooms are pretty generic and the same.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family