“A q;uick stop off the interstate”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Las Plamitas Taco Shop
Ranked #22 of 112 Restaurants in El Centro
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Description: 100% Percent Angus Beef Fast Food Taco Shop And Drive Thru. Where You Will Experience A Full Restaurant Atmosphere. We Have Great Food And Excellent Friendly Service. Clean Dinning Area And Restrooms. Plenty Of Parking For Rv Vehicles. Our Customers Are Our Best Advertisement.
Reviewed 17 March 2018

My wife and I frequently drive from Tucson to Oceanside and back to visit family. For the past few years we always stop at Las Palmitas for a quick bite. Superb tacos, and quesadillas. Cheap and a quick fill up. No atmosphere. Locals only. Food is heavenly.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

I love finding little divey places like this. I had tacos al pastor. The meat was cooked fresh and they have a sidebar for your toppings. I recommend it.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

My family and I travel back and fourth from Yuma, Az to San Diego, Ca so we decided to stop off the freeway at Las Plamitas since it was the most convenient Mexican food stop in El Centro. The first time we went I ordered the 3 beef taco plate with rice and beans. The tacos came with a ton of lettuce and tomato however hardly any meat. It might as well been a lettuce taco however I loved the hot sauce so I just thought maybe the cook had a fluke day. Today I was driving from Yuma to San Diego and I decided to stop and try a second time because I love the hot sauce so much. So I ordered the beef taco plate again and told the girl working behind the counter that last time the tacos were prepared with little to no meat and she responded with, " really? Well there should be more meat that's why the beef tacos cost more than the roll tacos and the flautas. I'll let the cook know. ". Fair enough so I waited until my order was done and when I opened the box to check the tacos I found the same thing from before. The girl I originally spoke to about the lack of meat was outside sweeping so i told the other girl employee behind the counter, even showing her the inside of the taco and her response was, "yeah that's just how the tacos come." I will never go there again. I could go across the street and and get tacos at Jack in the Box with more meat for 99 cents. Oh and the taco plate cost me $9.20. Next time my family and I will drive a little further to get better Mexican food.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

They have street tacos for $2.00, Delicious and you can just walk there from the Holiday Inn. Very popular with the locals so you know it's good.

Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

I think grandma is in the back cooking! Pure deliciousness. Fresh, flavorful, homemade goodness! I will eat here anytime I'm near. Carnitas burrito, yum, Res soup, yum!