“Great location and great food”
Review of Celia's Restaurant

Celia's Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 111 Restaurants in El Centro
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Celia’s is my favorite Mexican restaurant. The service is fast and friendly, and the food is excellent. Lots of parking and the big trees in front provide plenty of shade.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

I tend to head here on Sundays. You can get good huevos machaca and their refríes beans are great. Breakfast burritos area great option as are the chorizo con huevos. If you like you can order pancakes too. Their lunch menu is super too. Tacos, special quesadillas are my favorites. Chilaquiles, mole and just about anything else is deli. Enjoy. Price is on point.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

THE best Enchiladas ever. We have owned a home in Mexico for 25 years. Whenever possible while in Mexico we eat at local restaurants.
Whenever possible if I’m in the USA OR Mexico I eat Mexican food.
In the USA 99% of the time I encounter “Americanized” Mexican food.
Today, we encountered TRUE authentic Mexican Food. Period.
My favorite Mexican food is Enchiladas- mine today were text book perfect. One thing to consider is that this restaurant uses LARD to cook. Yes, you can find “upscale” Americanized Mexican restaurants that have started cooking with lard but they do so seeking that hard to capture that “unique” Mexican touch.
Celia’s uses lard because they have for all of the 24 years they’ve been in business. Today when I asked Celia herself about cooking with lard she simply stated “Mi Mama y Ubula ensenarme!”
The service today was excellent
The facility spotlessly clean
The food - excellent

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

On hearing we were taking a California-Arizona desert drive, friends recommended we stop here and order the Special Quesadilla. We did and it was. What makes it so special? Flaky pastry like a pie crust versus tortilla filled with cheese. Get chili rennello sauce on side for dipping.
They also advised carna asada buritto.
Waitress told us we ordered the best items on menu. We didn’t stop there, added guacamole, so pleased with our order. Fun lively atmosphere.

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

Ordered 2 beef tacos which had (without exaggeration) a tablespoon of shredded beef on the bottom of a taco shell then covered with a pile of lettuce and a slight sprinkle of cheese. They had very little flavor.
The bean burrito was decent and the rice was flavored with large chunks of onions. The salsa was good with just the right amount of spiciness.
Price was fair for the portions. Service was prompt when we arrived, but then no one returned to our table after our food arrived, even to bring our check.
They do serve breakfast which I believe you can order at any time.