“HUGE meals, lots of oil”
Review of Mah's Kitchen

Mah's Kitchen
Ranked #75 of 112 Restaurants in El Centro
Reviewed 29 August 2018

Pros: popular for HUGE servings and take out. Kitchen visible to customers.
Cons: Fried, fried, fried

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

This place is as good now as when I was a little kid. Definitely makes me feel nostalgic. The place itself may not be the nicest but I don’t care for that what I enjoy is the delicious food. My particular favorite is the teriyaki chicken. The fried rice is really good. There is a lot of competition when it comes to chinese food in the Imperial Valley but for something quick, cheap and yummy Mahs kitchen is a good choice. I usually order a lunch special which is enough for two people. Definitely recommend, probably more for takeout though.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank John S
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

I use to deliver beer around the county and though not the cleanest looking it’s due to the old building. It’s among the cleanest of all Chinese food places. Fortune Garden and Fortune House has cockroaches in their kitchen...I’ve seen with my own eyes. Never seen that here. Plus the food is very good and flavorful. They give you a lot of food for a great price that’s never changed. Food is always done on time for pick up. I always get pick up.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 6 February 2017

If you are looking for a lot of food at cheap price -- this is good place. However, seems like every thing is fried in well-used oil and served with a ring of oil around food.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 1 June 2016

I've been here twice, 3 years apart, never again. Thinking I ordered the wrong type of food, I ordered the basic chow mein dish. Tasteless, soggy, I threw the take home away.

Date of visit: May 2016