“Horrible food and rude service”

Lucky Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 112 Restaurants in El Centro
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Travel to El Centro for work. So I felt in the mood for Asian food... Lucky’s , sounds like a place where it’s at.... wrong. The server took my order and forgot what I ordered, then brought me another order that was nothing like I choose. Then the guy gets an attitude with me for being me the wrong stuff. I ordered the hot and sour soup which is nothing like hot and sour soup. It like a Mexicanized version of hot and sour Caldo de pepper. My order was chicken teriyaki with fried rice. I received sesame pork with broccoli and steamed rice. I thought oh well just eat and go... food was bland and tasteless, sauce tasted old. I asked for napkins six times. The waiter told me that he was sorry because he was paying attention to the Dodgers. It took over twenty minutes to get our check for four separate meals. We were all very disappointed. I paid 27 dollars total including tip. Do not go here, save your money for Sushi Park by the best western. This place sux!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

There were some people that raved about this restaurant. So I decided to give it a try. I have to say it was probably close to the worst Chinese food I've ever had. I'm really starting to think that the majority of restaurants in El Centro really lack in quality preparation and ingredients.
I had something that was supposed to be chicken with mixed vegetables that was primarily mushrooms and some dark meat chicken that was gristle and fat. Now shame on me that I didn't ask what kind of meat was used in this dish. Had I asked I probably would not have ordered it. But it really didn't taste good either.
The pork fried rice was average, nothing to write home about. Another restaurant I will not be going back to.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Called to Order Delivery and the lady answering the phone, was the absolute rudest person I have spoken to on the phone. She yelled for more than one order and cussed. Will NEVER order food for here. She hung up on us 3 times.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

This restaurant should have negative five circles or 5 negative stars. I went in to place a takeout order, the lady was sitting 2 or 3 chairs back of the counter. She could not get up and walk "2" steps to take my order (to the counter), and my order still wasn't right. I talk to the manager but it seems like he was busy with something else. I was trying to explained to him and she was over talking him like she owned the restaurant!!!! My best advice fire her or suspend her for 1 month, no pay.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank Sightseer704165
Reviewed 21 March 2017

It was still fairly full at 2:30 in the afternoon. Sat down quickly and ordered the food. Everything came out fairly quickly and was very good. I can only think of one thing bad to say about this place, and that is I wish their restrooms were better. But the food was excellent and I really enjoy all the food they brought out. Much better than I anticipated.

Date of visit: March 2017