See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 November 2014

I can't understand in some of the reviews I've read people have been saying its quiet and you can get sleep here. Well when I was there it wasn't that way. There was Mexicans partying all through the night listening to loud mexican music, doing burn-outs in the parking lot and employees here ignore it. I got so weary of this I ended up asking Super 8 which is next door if I could park my truck in there parking lot because of the craziness at the Northgate and I didn't want my 1974 truck which has been fully restored 'new' being hit in anyway. Super 8 allowed me to. Northgate motel is dirty to, I found hair in my bed from who ever else stayed in the room along with what looked like food crumbs in the bed, and also a thick pile of dust all over the top of the TV. I was up the whole night and was happy to get the hell out of this dump. Would never stay here again and would never recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this Dump at all period.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank 820alex
Reviewed 12 November 2014

There was aparently construction to my dismay when we arrived. The headboards had about an inch of dust on them. The towels were mismatched and dirty an d stained and no wash clothes were available. The covers had cigarrette burns and stains and black hairs on them. What a crap hole. Get your place together if you ever want business.

• Stayed: November 2014
4  Thank googoobunny
Reviewed 21 December 2008

The motel is in what seemed to be a sketchy part of El Cajon, and I had booked it mainly due to price and the fact that it advertised free Wi-Fi. On entering the room, it smelled of smoke even though I had booked a non-smoking room. When I turned on my laptop and tried to get a wireless signal, I found that it was very weak (my room was on the second floor, on the end opposite the main office). Also, the fridge in my room did not seem to work (in fact it appeared that the power outlet was dead).

On the up side, the Barona Casino was a quick 20 to 30 minute drive from the motel, and I probably saved a good $100 off the price of what a room would have cost there (even if I ended up given them more than that, inevitably :-D).

But overall, unless you're really squeezed for funds, I wouldn't recommend this place.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Phasemaster
Reviewed 4 October 2008

We are weekly, out of town construction people. Upon checking in we asked for a rate similar to where we had been staying. The clerk could only quote a price that was to high for our budget but was willing to call the owner who negotiated a price that fit us.

The rooms are recently remodeled and with above standard taste. The rooms have a small refrigerator and microwave. Temperature control knob on fridge was removed and controled by them and not cold enough. First room A/C did not work so we had to move out and upstairs. Maid service turns off room A/C every day so you have to come in to a hot room after being in the heat all day.

Some area crime every night and having to walk to the motel down the street at night to get ice is at your own risk.

This is a motel with tight buget strings you can feel and not recommended as a family motel.

• Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed 2 November 2007

The Northgate is conveniently located off Interstate 8. The room I stayed in was clean and comfortabe, but spartan, providing a well deserved sleep for a weary traveller. No large chain ameneties here, but certainly not sleazy. Given the same circumstances, I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business