“Pakistani Food - Why Not ?”
Review of Zaiqa Grill

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Zaiqa Grill
Ranked #53 of 258 Restaurants in Downey
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Reviewed 11 May 2016

I didn't know this place was already here for a year until friends from the bar down the street were talking about it ? I went home to get the wife & headed down there . The best Pakistani food ever right around the corner from our house . The owners were very nice & explained some of the dishes we didn't know . I'm so glad we found it . I should have been tearing this food up for a year already ! Now we know & so should you ....

Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

We were in town for some days off and we found this restaurant on google maps. It had good reviews and we decided to give it a try...

We ordered the veg samosas, beef biryani, chicken tikka masala and palak paneer and everything was amazing, it all had a taste of India.

The place is run by the owners and they are super friendly and approachable, which is a nice topping for the delicious food.

Please come and try it for yourself, you will definitely not regret anything you order here. Enjoy!

Reviewed 8 June 2015

At least I think that is what the owner told us. He didn't lie. This is a hole in the wall restaurant in a very rundown strip mall on Imperial Highway in Downey. Don't let that put you off nor what you see when you walk in. It is bare bones table and chairs. Table setting of a fork and a napkin (paper of course). The owner, waiter and, we think, kitchen helper told us to sit anywhere. We took our seat and he brought us the menus. He was very nice in explaining the dishes. I've seen this described as an Indian restaurant but I think it is Pakistani. The dishes were different than Indian restaurants. We settled on a beef dish and some curry I believe. There were some other items but I can remember. We ordered water and we got bottles of water. Hmmm. Another red flag? Our food came and every bite was delightful. This is a little family business and I wish them success. The owner/waiter/kitchen help was as nice as can be. The prices were very reasonable and there were leftovers. So most things that would be red flags with a lesser chef aren't at Zaiqa Grill. The also tout being Halal which is to Islam as Kosher is to Judaism. By the way, a party of 14 arrived during our lunch. They appeared to be Pakistani, a green flag.

Reviewed 30 January 2015

So, I had never tried Indian food and since this place is near my home, I decided to give it a try. The outside of the building looks rundown but the inside is kept very nice and extremely clean. As soon as I walked in to the restaurant, I was greeted by the owner. He quickly brought me a menu and asked if I had ever tried Indian food. My response was no and so he proceeded to explain to me what every dish was and what it contained. I found this action by the owner as very informative and it helped me in choosing what I wanted to eat. I settled for the lamb rice, chicken curry, and a traditional sauce that is placed on food. For dessert I tried the Indian version of rice pudding and it was amazing! Overall, the food was extremely good and the service was excellent. If you're looking for Indian food then please visit this location. They are fairly new and would appreciate any new business that they can get. Trust men, you won't be disappointed.