“Excellent, great tasting and filling breakfasts”
Review of Pop's Cafe

Pop's Cafe
Ranked #6 of 273 Restaurants in Downey
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 24 June 2018

We own the Guardsman Lounge just a few doors down from Pop's and one of the best breakfasts in town, and a 20 second walk from our business. Our beloved friend Corkey (now in heaven) was a regular and always had her own little counter space and just loved the place. Also a top review from the channel 5 morning news.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We had one of the tastiest, most filling breakfasts ever at this cafe. The huevos rancheros were delicious, service was awesome and super quick.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 7 March 2018

I had the chicken fried steak and my husband had the chile, cheese omelet, we shared our plates because they were so good! Good old fashioned breakfast food, go with a healthy appetite! You will not be disappointed! Our waitress was a sweetheart too!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Great breakfast ! But get there early because this place closes very early . Great home style breakfast . I highly recommend . A little crowded and very busy but still worth it

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 8 August 2017

If you feel assaulted by corporate restaurants and color design consultants and frozen food prepared 3 states away and shipped to be warmed or microwaved, then Pop's Cafe is a great alternative. This is how all small restaurants used to be before they were owned by financial conglomerates. While I ate there, I didn't ask to meet "Pop's," but I'm pretty sure there must be one. If not now, then at one time. This place is small and there might be a wait on weekend days, but it's worth it. This is food prepared to taste good and not just to fill one's stomach. The day I was there I was craving oatmeal with a side of sausage and that's what I got. But, I was looking at the other conventional breakfasts going by and saw that they were looking excellent. This is a place not to be missed. Make a special trip to go there if you are in the neighborhood.

Date of visit: August 2017

Been to Pop's Cafe? Share your experiences!