“Birthday Celebration ”

La Barca Grill & Cantina
Ranked #51 of 258 Restaurants in Downey
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Atmosphere is good!! Had an AMAZING time celebrating family birthdays. The food was good, on time, warm, the only thing I didn't care for are the table lay in the restaurant.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Food was nasty, 2 people ordered chicken and it was undercooked. Server gave attitude when we politely pointed it out. The rest of the food was okay, but nothing special. It was also incredibly noisy - the kind of noisy that makes your ears ring.

For the money it's not worth it, there's plenty of other options in the area

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

This is fairly a new place. The decor is very nice. The outdoor patio has been recently remodeled very nicely, but they don't allow customers there all the time. So call ahead to find out if it is "open". The service needs to be stepped up, very slow and bland. Some of the food are good while others could be better. This should be a fun place to eat and relax, but the atmosphere has been dampened by restrictions and bad service.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

gave this place a second chance and will Not give it a 3rd. I'm sorry, maybe its just me and I'm used to authentic mexican food. But I was served a freezer burn NY Steak and was so grossed out. Then, the bar food was just that.. Nasty bar food. Cocktails much better.

Reviewed 28 December 2016

My friend and I sat at the bar on a Friday afternoon. The bartender, Joel, was very attentive. Both my friend and I had the empanadas. She had the beef and I had the chicken. I really preferred the beef as my friend preferred the chicken. Needless to say the food here is delicious. From the ceviche to the molcajete. I recommend the mango margaritas if you're in the mood for something fruity.

Been to La Barca Grill & Cantina? Share your experiences!