“HEALTHY Cuban food, OPENED LATE, and plenty of desserts for cheat days!”

Tropicana Bakery and Cuban Cafe
Ranked #2 of 7 Dessert in Downey
Cuisines: Cuban
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

If you’re looking for delicious AND healthy Cuban food past 7 PM, this is the place to go to. I compete in bodybuilding, so I usually prep my meals. I’m very picky about dining out. I’m pleased to report this restaurant offers a perfect meal for anyone wanting to get toned, build muscle, or lose weight: their chicken, spinach, Brown rice, black beans, plantain bowl. You can customize this bowl as well and it’s delicious!!! For cheat days, they offer a large selection of desserts.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

People so hype Portos just down road from here, while Portos is good bakery, for my buck for Cuban pastries this is it, Cuban bread tastes great has a great crust, the restaurant has a authentic feel & taste to food, but I love the bakery best

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

Come here quite often when I’m in the area and stopped here again. Service was quick and efficient. Food always taste great and I would definitely recommend to anyone in the area looking for authentic Cuban food

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for dinner with high hopes. Food had no flavor what so ever. Adding salt or anything else didn’t help. Perhaps we ordered the wrong items from the menu. Noticed everyone else was having sandwiches, perhaps that would have been better then the entree.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I like Tropicana's pastries, their meat empanadas and their cakes. They have some of the same pastries as the other famous Cuban bakery in Downey but the service is quicker. Their cakes are beautiful and reasonably priced.