“Best Massage Ever!!!!!!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
San Diego, California, United States
“Best Massage Ever!!!!!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

I stayed here recently after hearing about the reasonable rates and healing waters in the pool area. Decided to splurge a little and get myself a relaxing massage. I was a little skeptical initially when meeting Michelle, only because i could have sworn she wasn't a day over 20 years old, and i was just nervous that maybe she was inexperienced and i was going to be paying for an "amateur" massage from some young girl fresh out of massage school...What a jerk I am to be so judemental right? Well let me tell you, THIS GIRL BLEW MY MIND!!!! From the ambiance in the room, to the strength in her hands equal to that of a construction worker, I was thoroughly impressed! Very easy going and sweet, it was obvious this girl new her stuff, she was definitely no amateur...It was by far the best massage I have ever recieved!!! Really reasonable price, and just what i needed to top off a relaxing vacation. Thanks Michelle, you rock!!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Jason M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Korean first
CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

This place really has become a little Oasis for us. We've been going for years now. Once you are settled by the main pool, among the well kept gardens, with pretty colourful flowers and palm trees, gazing at the mountain in the distance - you really can begin to relax. We usually stay for 3 or 4 days and we never leave the hotel. It feels more like a family there. It's always great to see the lovely Brandy at the front desk, we know we're in very capable hands when she's there and Stanley too. And the staff in the restaurant are a pleasure. Nothing is ever too much trouble and we look forward to catching up with their news. I dream of the Valley Harvest Salad and my Husband loves the Duck Salad with it's secret dressing that we've been trying to figure out for years.

Honestly, the reason I haven't given 5 stars, which I would like to, is that the pool area is beautiful with it's 8 natural hot mineral water pools but there are a few cracks in the cement and the sun beds could have a bit more flair. But they are comfortable and the general ambience of the place is just right for rejuvenating your batteries and mind.

Just two requests: Please be more welcoming when old customers like us return. The check in process always seems to be an effort. And also on the occasions when we have arrived early, we've never understood why there's a policy of charging extra $$$ to check-in early when the room is sitting empty and ready for us to move into?

But all in all, we do love this place. You can tell the management care, each time we go there's something new... bathroom, carpets etc. Take a book/kindle, soak in the hot pools and relax. We always look forward to planning our return trip as soon as we can.

Room Tip: If you need good internet ask at reception as you are checking in, in the past some rooms have been...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Capo Beach, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

My friend & I went to the desert on Feb. 4, 2012 to celebrate her birthday. We did not stay at the Miracle Springs Hotel but their restaurant was recommended to us. From the "Good evening welcome" from the hostess, the experience was just lovely. Our waiter, Adam, was such a delight and very patient as we asked lots of questions and had a few special requests from a slice of Granny Smith apple (instead of a cherry) in my delicious Apple Martini to a little "Birthday Surprise" dessert for my friend. The food was very, very good from her steak to my assorted seafood dinner to my cannelloni.

Later, I realized that I had actually stayed at this hotel several years earlier and loved it then.

My experience was such a positive one that I am compelled to write this review. I even commented to the Hostess upon leaving, that as a retired executive in the Restaurant & Hotel business, I would have been happy and proud to have either she or Adam work for me.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Brea, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

We skipped the resort last year as my ex-husband, daughters' father was tragically killed in this town, on the main drag, Palm Dr. My daughter decided that she would give it a shot (we have gone many times for her birthday weekend) and we found a back road in to avoid Palm.

This time we booked a Queen-Queen-Mini-Suite-Poolside - what a wonderful room and location. We would not have had this room if it weren't for the help and wonderful service given to us by STANLEY MOSES, our Guest Services Agent. I had trouble booking this on-line - the computer kept saying I had to book 3 nights, not 2 and thought it was a holiday weekend...but through emails with Stanley, he got it all straightened out and picked out Suite 137 for us. It was a perfect room. We could open our patio door, step through our private gate and be at one of the larger mineral springs hot pools. So convenient! We loved it.

Our room was spacious, clean, well decorated, and had all the conveniences - two queen beds (I did bring my waffle pad as I knew the beds were a little too hard for my body), with a dressing table/dresser, & TV for the bedroom area. There was a small fridge, coffee pot, a desk and two chairs, a couch/sofa bed, coffee table, a chest with another larger TV with a DVD player. The patio had 2 chaise loungers and a chair.

Comments: The patio furniture could use a scrub down. We did bring a steam humidifier - after all...one is in the desert and it is very dry. From past experience, my nose needed the humidity and it did help. The bathroom towels are very thin & rough. They really need to invest in better, larger towels. BRING YOUR OWN LARGE BEACH/POOL TOWEL - really, a resort that does not offer big towels for use in their many mineral spring pools??!! The main pool is around 85 degrees, with the rest varying from 95-104 degrees. One must find the one that feels the best. We loved the pool directly in front of our room. It was large, never crowded and felt great. Be sure to shower after using the mineral spring pools. Minerals are very good for your skin and overall healthy feeling, but are very drying to the skin and can leave one itchy if not rinsed off.

There is a new restaurant. Though we loved the old one, this was very good. It is called Capri and serves Italian food. I had steak and shrimp scampi and it was delicious. My daughter had pasta and said it was good. No complaints and the breakfast was excellent. Don't drink the tap water - yuck! Even with lemon it was terrible. Either order a drink or bottled water.

My daughter did a package spa treatment. It was a Friday or Sunday special. For $160 she got a full massage, facial, and scrub. She was gone over 3.5 hrs and loved it. This is one of the draws about Miracle Springs - they offer incredible pricing for their spa services. We have always enjoyed the variety of treatments and value one receives in turn. Tara felt fabulous and this is why she wanted to come back - trying to put the accident out of her mind for a short period of time. I think it worked - a big hurdle for her --- one my other daughter cannot get over as of this time and may not ever come back to Desert Hot Springs!

I recommend Miracle Springs as a great spa hotel. Not glamorous, not glitzy, but it provides a nice, reasonably priced room, excellent mineral spring pools, and value priced spa services as well as a good on-site restaurant and free parking - no need to go elsewhere...one can stay in the hotel for the weekend and relax & enjoy.

Room Tip: As for a room with a pool just outside the gate. We had 137 - fab room.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Faye G
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I would temper the negative reviews of this place by first saying that this is not a major luxury resort...it is a reasonably priced getaway offering a very good value in my opinion. Myself and my 7 year old son stayed for the Presidents Day weekend. Our room was clean, well-equipped (mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker) and of a good size...we got the King mini-suite. The 8 pools of varying sizes and temperatures were just great, very clean, nice greenery around and ample pool lounge chairs. Breakfast and lunch at the restaurant was decent and reasonably priced. I had issues with the quality of Capri restaurant for dinner which I've reviewed separately on this site under Capri restaurant. The staff from top to bottom were very friendly and extremely helpful. We had a first floor "mountain view" room and the mountain side of the hotel is the quiet side, but I'd suggest getting a 2nd floor room on the mountain side as the first floor only had view of parking alley and houses and felt kind of claustrophobic. Since with the kid (who spent all his waking hours in the pool) on next visit I'd actually take a poolside room on the first floor, yes its a bit noisier during the day but it is so convenient to just walk out of your room patio into the pool area, go back to your room for snacks...etc and even though the pools are open 24 hours per day since there are alot of families there on the weekend...really pool activity stops at a reasonable hour. I will definitely be back to this hotel for a fun, inexpensive and relaxing getaway.
to be able to just walk