See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 September 2015 via mobile

this is the nicest place ever. Went there for a detox with a friend and it was amazing. The staff was extremely nice and everything very professional. Recommend this place if you want to relax or have a detox.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Agnes S
Alex K, Operations Manager at We Care Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2015

Dear Agnes S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to see that your experience was positive and relaxing. When you feel that it's time to detox, relax and re-charge, remember that our reservations team is only a phone call away.

We Care Spa team is looking forward to welcoming you and your friend back!

Reviewed 6 August 2015 via mobile

My older male cousin was so jazzed by this place I had to check it out. It's expensive.
I stayed from Sunday to Friday. Once I added on treatments I was well over 3k. Now mind you there is no food or booze or entertainment.
But what I did come away with was a clean body, new knowledge about food, my colon, the
way I eat and drink, things I can change if I choose to, and some silly stuff I would never do. But there is certainly all types of people there. From young college girls on up. Me. Woman both. People came the week I was there from Europe, New York, Arkansas, all over Cali and me from Phoenix. It's an intimate setting. Very well taken care of grounds. My room very nice. Very much so the desert. It is not a place of luxury. The staff could not have been nicer and Suzanna the owner is amazing. She is nearly or perhaps already 80 and so alive and well. She's so knowledgable about everything natural. I enjoyed listening to her most of all.
I'm not sure if I'll go back but I would certainly recommend it to anyone considering it. You will feel better and have a lot to think about. I lost weight and have a glow I didn't arrive with.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank LocalTravelerAZ
Reviewed 3 March 2015

We Care is very professional, organized and well-maintained health spa. I have wonderful memories of my stays at We Care dating back to the days when it was Susana's kitchen and she prepared many of the “meals” herself. For a decade I would visit from Ontario, Canada once sometimes twice a year for week long stays. The instructions given to clients advising them to prepare ahead is the best tip as well as to come with the right mindset that it is for detox… not major weight loss.
Some stays would be for as long as 10days and I would leave feeling completely refreshed and revitalized. My skin was glowing and my eye color much brighter than when I arrived. I learned to appreciate food, pray beforehand, slow down and really savor the meal in the moment. After my first stay, a planter’s wart disappeared from the sole of foot and I was a believer in colonics and healthy eating.
The variety of reading material available at We care, DVDs and lectures enlightened me to the power of the Colon cleanse. The small clientele, exercise classes, trail walks, guest therapists, caring staff, casual “homey” feel, grounds and tranquil setting all add to the appeal.
The basics that I learned, cookbook Healthy Living remains the standard for me in the quest for mindfulness in what I put into my body, and trying to be my healthiest self. On a We Care visit in 2003 I met one of my now dearest friends. Over the last 12 years, we still joke about the first time we actually sat down and enjoyed a meal together. At We Care, we only saw each other drinking out of a We Care mug and dreaming about food.
Getting older is inevitable, but aging is optional. Susana Lombardi the founder is the picture of aging beautifully and sets a high bar.
Due to the escalating cost of the week long stay and more commercial aspect, I haven’t been in several years but appreciate the emails for the last minute cancellations. My “deposit” is still on file and one day I hope to return. I look forward to Susana's new book. Namaste to all the readers of this review!

Room Tip: For the money & location...My favorite is the king bed room on corner
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank Bcr8tve
Reviewed 20 November 2014

I came here for a detox weekend last month after a particularly stressful project at work. I live in LA so the drive is quick. Besides feeling completely energized and uplifted from the massages, juices and colonics, I was able to lose some weight and my digestion improved greatly - which I was also hoping would be a result of my detox. I was so impressed by the kind and helpful staff and the cleanliness and beauty of the facility. I felt taken care of and relaxed throughout my entire stay. If time allows, I will go back again after the holidays.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Robin S
Reviewed 8 November 2014

I went to we care in need of a deep detox after being on medications for 7 months. We care offers an effective program based on a juice food plan. The juices are good, but I felt like there was more sugar in the program (usually via apple juice) than I would personally like. We care offered spa treatments -- all of them were good, but a little pricey (especially given that you are onsite without other options and you pay a premium to be there...). The colonic techs are all skilled and efficient and it feels like a clinical procedure, but yes still a little bit traumatizing. All the staff are great. I did find the promotion of the We Care 365 product line to be subtle, but ever-present. I only did a 4 day detox, I do think the longer 7 day program is the way to go for a deeper detox and more life-changing experience. I had a car which was useful because although the property is beautiful, after a few days you'll want to get out further and explore.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo