“Detox, revitalize, Glow and indulge yourself in me-time!”
Review of We Care Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Desert Hot Springs
We Care Spa
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Desert Hot Springs
Reviewed 3 March 2015

We Care is very professional, organized and well-maintained health spa. I have wonderful memories of my stays at We Care dating back to the days when it was Susana's kitchen and she prepared many of the “meals” herself. For a decade I would visit from Ontario, Canada once sometimes twice a year for week long stays. The instructions given to clients advising them to prepare ahead is the best tip as well as to come with the right mindset that it is for detox… not major weight loss.
Some stays would be for as long as 10days and I would leave feeling completely refreshed and revitalized. My skin was glowing and my eye color much brighter than when I arrived. I learned to appreciate food, pray beforehand, slow down and really savor the meal in the moment. After my first stay, a planter’s wart disappeared from the sole of foot and I was a believer in colonics and healthy eating.
The variety of reading material available at We care, DVDs and lectures enlightened me to the power of the Colon cleanse. The small clientele, exercise classes, trail walks, guest therapists, caring staff, casual “homey” feel, grounds and tranquil setting all add to the appeal.
The basics that I learned, cookbook Healthy Living remains the standard for me in the quest for mindfulness in what I put into my body, and trying to be my healthiest self. On a We Care visit in 2003 I met one of my now dearest friends. Over the last 12 years, we still joke about the first time we actually sat down and enjoyed a meal together. At We Care, we only saw each other drinking out of a We Care mug and dreaming about food.
Getting older is inevitable, but aging is optional. Susana Lombardi the founder is the picture of aging beautifully and sets a high bar.
Due to the escalating cost of the week long stay and more commercial aspect, I haven’t been in several years but appreciate the emails for the last minute cancellations. My “deposit” is still on file and one day I hope to return. I look forward to Susana's new book. Namaste to all the readers of this review!

Room Tip: For the money & location...My favorite is the king bed room on corner
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank Bcr8tve

Reviewed 20 November 2014

I came here for a detox weekend last month after a particularly stressful project at work. I live in LA so the drive is quick. Besides feeling completely energized and uplifted from the massages, juices and colonics, I was able to lose some weight and my digestion improved greatly - which I was also hoping would be a result of my detox. I was so impressed by the kind and helpful staff and the cleanliness and beauty of the facility. I felt taken care of and relaxed throughout my entire stay. If time allows, I will go back again after the holidays.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Robin S
Reviewed 8 November 2014

I went to we care in need of a deep detox after being on medications for 7 months. We care offers an effective program based on a juice food plan. The juices are good, but I felt like there was more sugar in the program (usually via apple juice) than I would personally like. We care offered spa treatments -- all of them were good, but a little pricey (especially given that you are onsite without other options and you pay a premium to be there...). The colonic techs are all skilled and efficient and it feels like a clinical procedure, but yes still a little bit traumatizing. All the staff are great. I did find the promotion of the We Care 365 product line to be subtle, but ever-present. I only did a 4 day detox, I do think the longer 7 day program is the way to go for a deeper detox and more life-changing experience. I had a car which was useful because although the property is beautiful, after a few days you'll want to get out further and explore.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank natala007
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Needing some "Me" time after a stressful period in my life I scheduled my self a day at the Spa. Upon check-in the Staff was kind and courteous; especially Adrianno! I started off my visit with a cup of amazing detox tea. From there I indulged with the Micro Garden Soak where I could just feel the tension leaving my body. This was followed by a Deep Tissue Massage, one of the best I've ever had! My final treatment was The Ultimate Facial; this is a must have have again treatment! What an amazing day! I was beyond relaxed!! Can't wait to come back and try one of their detox programs!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Sherrywine33
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I loved my massage. I enjoyed the pool. For a short trip from Los Angeles for some me time and detoxing it is a perfect get away. Thank you Adriano for recommending it to us! Next time, I will bring friends.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo