“Relaxing”

The Spring Resort & Spa
New York City, New York
“Relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Great place for a weekend getaway. The resort is very small and intimate. The spa is excellent, I would recommend Jennifer for a massage.

FYI no TVs in the room. Come to relax

• Stayed February 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

We visited The Spring last weekend and stayed in a small suite with a kitchen and a small futon in the sitting area, which enabled our daughter and her boyfriend to join us. We slept, read, lay by the pool, soaked, swam, had massages, cooked great if simple meals, and completely unwound. It is a very pretty but no frills spa, with a super friendly and helpful staff and NO distractions.

Room Tip: A few have kitchenettes, if you'd rather cook than go out. (Desert Hot Springs is a little devoi...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Santa Monica, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

This charmingly small resort is intimate yet offers lots of services. Our room was contemporary & fresh as well as stocked with special touches from the cd player, refreshing rain shower heads, comfy bedding and a well-stocked kitchen perfect for 2. We treated ourselves to a spa service each day which was a special treat and the springs were a perfect way to end the day after our hikes. Unfortunately, at the time of our stay we found the town lacking in restaurants so we had to drive into Palm Springs to eat when we didn't eat in our little kitchen.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

The Spring has all the ingredients for a perfect getaway from Los Angeles: it is peaceful, relaxing and everything is done in great taste. It was a real pleasure to swim in these wonderful waters under the stars. It is a very romantic place that I will recommend to all my friends.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

My spa treatment was booked for reflexology and a scalp massage, which includes use of the mineral pools and sauna at the facility. The facility itself is clean and very attractive -- however, on the day of my visit, something was wrong with the well, and the springs were not at all hot (although the tempers of the guests staying there certainly was). A call to me prior to my visit letting me know about the malfunctioning springs would certainly have been in order, as I drove from Joshua Tree to Desert Hot Springs. For my appointment, the therapist escorted me to my room and asked me which aromatherapy scent I wanted -- clearly she didn't know I was there for reflexology and sure enough, someone booked me for aromatherapy and a facial -- a FAR more expensive spa treatment. After the most mediocre foot massage (not at all reflexology), I had to get up and move to a different room for my scalp treatment, which consisted of an esthetician pouring cold aloe vera on my scalp and lethargically rubbing it into my hair. I am a licensed esthetician (of 11 years) and these two treatments were just awful. The ultimate insult was looking down at my service receipt (which you are handed) and seeing that no one bothered to change the charges for my services -- had I said nothing, I would have been billed well over $200 for 60 minutes of 'treatments.' Upon checkout, the price of my services was discounted to $66, but in truth, I think a far more professional approach to this disaster of a day would have been to apologize for the terrible service, the lukewarm mineral pools and my wasted time. I hope this review is helpful!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo