“My favorite place in the desert hot springs”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Desert Hot Springs
Flamingo Resort Hotel
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Desert Hot Springs
Reviewed 14 August 2006

This last weekend was my family's second trip out to this hotel. This is a hotel that is still making renovations. Of the 3 I've stayed at... (Flamingo, Sahara, and Sandpiper) I really must say this place is my favorite.
The Good:
All but 2 of the hot tubs are covered, and their largest pool's deepest is 5 feet, this is great because the shallow end is only 1 foot deep. Oh, also this pool is covered with wood beams.
The room is spacious and has 2 queen size beds. The room is clean and has a/c that will cool the room in minutes. The kitchen between the joining rooms come in handy. It is equipped with most basic stuff if one did not prepare, i.e. pots, frying pan, utencils, referigerator, range/oven, and a few other things I can't remember.

The Bad:
I must admit, if you expect a high quality all around, this is not the place for you. The bathrooms leaves you feeling like it is where they skimped a little... ok... alot. If you are in the bathroom, barefoot, put one of the towels down, it's slippery. It's not the cleanest bathroom, but by far not the worst I've seen, in a hotel, anyways.

overall, I enjoy going to this place. the staff is friendly and they allow bar-b-q near the pool area (not next to the pool though).

p.s. Ask for a discount. They will make an offer you can't resist. :)

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank HappyAsianCamper

A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles
Reviewed 3 January 2006

The Flamingo wasn't our first choice, it was a referral from one of the other five or six places we called first, searching for a room between Christmas and New Years. So, our expectations weren't high, but it was only for a night. When we drove up, we were actually pleasantly surprised, it looked renovated - How bad could it be for a night? The rooms are roomy, freshly painted, there is an adequate kitchen between connecting rooms, the place has potential but it failed on an essential, unforgivable point: the bathrooms (we had two adjoining rooms) were filthy! The sink was dirty, with soap and toothpaste scum and scattered (small) hairs on the counter. The floor also had hairs, there was a used, unwrapped bar of soap on the sink. When my husband tried to shower a metal bar (installed to brace the shower) actually came out and fell on him! We didn't say anything, just got up and got out before 9am - and I wouldn't have written this except (and I swear this is true) my husband just told me that when he first went into the room there was a cockroach in the toilet. It was late when we checked in, we were tired, we already knew there weren't alot of other choices - so he didn't say anything to us.
This is absolutely true, maybe it was a mistake, maybe, once they really open for business (there were hardly any other guests staying there- there were still boxes being unpacked in the lobby) they'll hire a cleaning staff - but for now, if you have a choice, or if you expect a clean bathroom, find somewhere else.

• Stayed: December 2005