See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 January 2006

The Flamingo wasn't our first choice, it was a referral from one of the other five or six places we called first, searching for a room between Christmas and New Years. So, our expectations weren't high, but it was only for a night. When we drove up, we were actually pleasantly surprised, it looked renovated - How bad could it be for a night? The rooms are roomy, freshly painted, there is an adequate kitchen between connecting rooms, the place has potential but it failed on an essential, unforgivable point: the bathrooms (we had two adjoining rooms) were filthy! The sink was dirty, with soap and toothpaste scum and scattered (small) hairs on the counter. The floor also had hairs, there was a used, unwrapped bar of soap on the sink. When my husband tried to shower a metal bar (installed to brace the shower) actually came out and fell on him! We didn't say anything, just got up and got out before 9am - and I wouldn't have written this except (and I swear this is true) my husband just told me that when he first went into the room there was a cockroach in the toilet. It was late when we checked in, we were tired, we already knew there weren't alot of other choices - so he didn't say anything to us.
This is absolutely true, maybe it was a mistake, maybe, once they really open for business (there were hardly any other guests staying there- there were still boxes being unpacked in the lobby) they'll hire a cleaning staff - but for now, if you have a choice, or if you expect a clean bathroom, find somewhere else.

• Stayed: December 2005