1,473 results
All reviewsthe club loungefront deskself parkingshuttle servicewithin milesfree shuttlecoastal kitchenfire pitpool areasan diegoroom ratehorse racessolana beachnice propertyshort drivefreewayjennifer
Reviewed 29 April 2016

great location and staff is always going out of their way to fill your needs. close to beach's, and if you are a fan of Horse racing Del Mar is within walking distance or shuttle provided by the Hilton. Pool is large and clean, plenty of lounge chairs, some of the best restaurant's are also within walking distance, but be prepared to pay a hefty price for their food but well worth it, there is a Denny's almost in parking lot, is one of the better Denny's we have eaten in. Lots to do and is always nice to be shuttled to beach or just do some site seeing and shopping.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank James H
Justin F, Manager at Hilton San Diego/Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2016

James H,

Super hotel! I like the sound of that. We defintely have super team members here to take great care of our guests. I see you enjoyed the local areas. Yes there are so many great restaurants and places to relax and see. I hope you took in the beach while you were here. Del Mar beach is one of my favorite beaches in the country.

Thanks again for staying and sharing!

Reviewed 28 April 2016

This was my first time staying at this Hilton. I stayed with a friend; we picked the location because it was directly across the street from the La Jolla 1/2 Marathon we were to run the next day. So glad we stayed here. From the initial contact and throughout, the staff were so happy and friendly in manner. It really stood out above and beyond other establishments. Khara at the front desk was so gracious and wonderful at customer service. We did have a noise problem in our room on the 3rd floor, perhaps due to wind or something outside; the next day they promptly moved us to an upgraded room. The rooms were generally spacious, beds extremely comfortable, and the bathrooms very clean. The facility itself is small enough to feel comfortable and warm, but has two jacuzzi spas and a decent restaurant service, espresso bar, wine bar.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for staying with us while participating in the La Jolla Half Marathon. This was our first year as the host hotel and it was a great success for our guests. With the ease of starting line being across the street and our Saturday night "Carb Load" special, we were the place to be. Thanks again for staying with us and I hope you'll be back again next year.

Happy running!

Reviewed 28 April 2016 via mobile

Arrived late on Sunday evening to stay until Friday. Check in concierge barely Acknowledged us. In fact, he spent much of his time on the radio talking to other staff about mundane tasks that needed to be done. While I understand that communication between staff is necessary, it wasn't exactly a busy time, therefore a more personal greeting would've been nice.

Found our room, went to take a shower, put inner curtain in the tub only to have dirt and dust fall all over the tub. The soap holder in the tub was broken so our soap kept falling through. Climb into bed to discover a BLOOD stain on the sheet we are expected to sleep under. Now with a toddler, we did not want to try to get them changed so we put a towel over it and slept.

Next morning, I called and advised the front desk of the sheet situation. She was very apologetic and said she would have them change it.

Climb into bed that night after a wonderful day of sightseeing to discover the sheets had not been changed! Dismayed, We resolved to address it again the following morning.

Next morning, I called and the front desk was very apologetic and said she'd send someone right away.

Finally on our THIRD night, we had clean sheets.

The rest of the stay was fine. Upon checkout, we were not even asked how our stay was.

Lacking in the customer interaction area.

If we return to the area, we will NOT be staying here again.

Very sad for the Hilton.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Elliebelliez

Elliebelliez,

Wow. I'm so sorry for your time with us. This clearly wasn't a normal stay and my sincerest apologies. Please give me a call at the hotel so I can speak to you directly and beter understand where we went wrong.

Thanks again for staying with us and I truly look forward to speaking with you more indepth.

Have an excellent weekend.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

We were here for the second part of our honeymoon and we thought the property was beautiful. The center garden was gorgeous, and ironically, they were hosting a wedding the same weekend we were there. The desk staff was cordial and professional. Our only upset was that it was far away from the wonderful things from down south. We found ourselves driving every night into La Jolla for dinner/drinks and our nightly walks on the water. Its about 20 minutes north, so pack a little patience with the traffic. Our room was on the North side and we were able to park our rental outside of our window, which was comforting because the parking lot wasn't that well lit.

Room Tip: North facing rooms were away from noise.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SCaliLover
Justin F, Manager at Hilton San Diego/Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2016

SCaliLover,

Thanks for staying with us for your Honeymoon! Congrats on your marriage. We are a great central point for attractions between downtown and north county. There are incredible restuarants and shopping right here in Del Mar as well. My personal favorite beach is Del Mar beach and you can walk for hours. Great sunsets too. Many of the restaurants light up the beach as well including Jake's, Poisiden and Pacific Coast Grill.

Thanks again for staying with us. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

I recently stayed at this property while in town for a number of business meetings. As a Diamond member, I can honestly say I have not stayed at many Hilton properties that were better than this hotel. Great, friendly staff and beautiful room and grounds. I look forward to staying here again soon!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Pduffey23

Pduffey23,

Thanks for your great review. As a Diamond member you have experienced all, so it means a great amount to us to know we are scoring high marks with you. Thanks for staying and for being so loyal. See you back again soon!