“Rabbit Romp”
Review of Del Mar Rendezvous

Del Mar Rendezvous
Reserve with OpenTable
Del Mar Rendezvous is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 102 Restaurants in Del Mar
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Healthy
Good for: View, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Paseo de las Flores
Description: From the creator of the famous Dumpling Inn on Convoy Street, Del Mar Rendezvous has been enticing San Diegans with its wide array of Chinese fare complimented by a modern mix of Asian flavors for over a decade. Rendezvous boasts craft, local, and high-end import beer on draft, Japanese sakes, as well as a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence wine list with over 100 wines all at the Best Price in San Diego everyday. With over 100 different dishes on its menu, Rendezvous also caters to both gluten-free and vegetarian guests with over 40 dedicated options to choose from on each menu. The ambiance of the interior and patio, with glimpses of the Pacific Ocean, offer a calming and inviting atmosphere, perfect for date nights, business
Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

A group of us, 5, chose this restaurant for dinner. We made a good selection. Parking is available behind the restaurant in a garage and they do validate for 1 hour. Nice selection of meals and we had a variety of selection along with a good wine list. We did not share, and some of us even had leftovers for the next day. It was a little cramped for us all in the booth, we should have asked for a table instead. And the table was a bit small for all of the dishes so we had to rearrange and eliminate some of our plates by putting the servings right on our plates. The dessert menu is a bit odd for an Asian restaurant, no almond cake/cookies, no key lime pie, sort of just American desserts that didn't seem to fit with the meals. So we took home carrot cake for later on. Overall, a good time was had by all.

Reviewed 27 September 2016

I went for lunch, I had Rendezvous chow main, it was all undercooked, unsafe to serve raw meat. I'll get something else next time

Reviewed 17 September 2016

It's not Kung Pao Beef, it's Kung Pao tenderloin. And it's not sweet and sour shrimp, it's sweet and sour jumbo shrimp. It's very tasty Chinese food done with upscale ingredients at an upscale price.

Reviewed 12 September 2016

The restaurant was full, but they found a table for us. It's best to make reservations rather than just walk in.
Impressive wine and alcohol selection. As vegans, we were thrilled to have a full range of menu choices. The hot & sour soup and eggplant in clay pot were wonderful.
The manager and server regularly checked to make sure we had everything we needed.
We will certainly revisit when we're in the area.

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

My mom took us here during our trip to CA. She raved about how good the food is and I must say I heartily agree. One thing to be aware of: this isn't a hole in the wall take out place and the prices reflect that. They are, in my opinion, very reasonable given the area and more upscale cuisine.

We had a variety of dishes and i must say that my favorite was the firecracker calimari. I would say the sauce reminded me of general tsos but with lightly breaded perfectly cooked calimari. I also had the imperial shrimp which were likewise lightly breaded, cooked perfectly and in a mild spicy sauce.

Usually for reviews I do pros and cons but no cons here. Great food, great service, great atmosphere, attached garage that offers free parking, reasonable prices.