“Good food delivered”

Golden Sun Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #139 of 210 Restaurants in Davis
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 5 September 2017

It was too hot to want to go out so we ordered online and had it delivered. Online deals helped but this place was reasonably priced anyway. Generous proportions. Kids picked out the few cabbage pieces in the fried rice and enjoyed the broccoli beef.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 2 September 2015

We had tried this place before and it was just ok. We were in a hurry but were tired of fast food so tried it again.

There was no one else in there and the server was bored silly practically lying on a table in a corner. We ordered quickly from the lunch menu (which they still had on the weekend) and the food came quickly.

They only served white rice and the food tasted like cardboard.

It just doesn't compare anymore with other places

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We had lunch at the Golden Sun Chinese restaurant on 8th Street in East Davis today. Not bad at all.

The restaurant is easy to find, in between Grocery Outlet and Goodwill on 8th Street East. The decor is simple, however I do love the Shanghai-style prints on the wall.

Our server was friendly. I would like to say she was very attentive but she had to go out during our lunch to make a delivery. Another server dropped by from time to time to fill our water glasses.

I had the crispy tofu rice plate. Apart from little triangles of tofu (not crispy but very tasty) the lunch came with hot and sour soup, fried or steamed rice and two crispy cracker thingies. I opted for the fried rice and I must say it's probably the tastiest fried rice I have had in a long time. I would have been perfectly happy just to have had a bowl of that on it's own. My lunch overall was very enjoyable. I'm not certain what sauce was used but it was good. The portion size also was just right, not a huge amount.

My husband had the General's chicken. Again he had the fried rice. He was very happy with his meal. He also had a double helping of soup because I don't like hot and sour soup at all. This is probably the only fault I have with this restaurant, a choice of hot and sour and another type of soup would have been great, but then again, I could live without the soup. My husband said the soup wasn't the greatest he has ever had - H&S is his favorite soup - but he said it was very good.

All in all, a four-star rating. This was our second visit here and we have enjoyed the food both times. Lunch menu prices range from $5.50 to $6.50 - good value.

It's great to find this little restaurant tucked away on the east side of Davis where you don't have to fight for a parking space during busy downtown lunch hours.

Date of visit: August 2014