“Decent Food at a Decent Price”
Review of Open Rice Kitchen

Open Rice Kitchen
Ranked #102 of 209 Restaurants in Davis
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 29 April 2016

Have eaten here a few times!! Always good, but the servcie can be slow. I got my food way before my friend did. They should have brought them out at the same time...big issues tho..is AGAIN...another NOISY place to dine and actually enjoy a meal. The college kids can handle it, I can't. Will get my food to go next time!

Reviewed 1 June 2015

Grabbed their dinner special on a real hungry night. 10 chicken potstickers for 4$ on a weekend, which is pretty cheap if you ask me. The taste was neutral, but they place Sriracha quite liberally, so just grab a bottle, and you're good to go.

I also had their boba. They give a fat cup for 2.50$, but 'twas nothing to write home about. Tasted pretty bland to me. Boba is where I draw the line, so I can't give them more than 3 stars on my experience

Reviewed 28 December 2014

Great place to get boba milk tea and relax with friends. Food was tasty, but had a bland, old taste.

Reviewed 11 September 2014

The CHickEn SaTAy was just OK..however, it would have been better Had THe CHIcken Not BEEN oVERcOOked..The VEGGies were FREsh and ANd THe SatAy SauCe was FLavorful...THe seRVice wAs Fast and FriENdly...a pretty goOd pLAte of FOoD for 4.95....

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Parking in Davis is a bummer. The Open Rice Kitchen is located on the eastern edge of the commercial district by the SP station. Best parking along the street by that station.

Menu features noodle dishes, won ton and dumplings. Plus several fine appetizers. Service is order and pay then prompt table service. We had a party of four arriving at different times so this worked well.

Dishes ranged from from good to great, especially the appetizers.

Has a pleasant, tidy decor. The only negative I can offer was it was a bit noisy. But my group added to that as we're having a lunch business meeting.