“High quality, down home cooking”
Review of Sunrise Restaurant

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sunrise Restaurant
Ranked #119 of 204 Restaurants in Davis
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Local favorite for my family. We probably come here 2-3 times a month. Good selection, including gluten free and vegan options. Wide selection of beverages hot and cold, banh mi sandwiches, soups, vermicelli, rice, and vegetable dishes. You will not find a better egg roll. Very good value. Don;t be in a dreadful hurry or call ahead if time is an issue. Decorating is a holdover from an earlier incarnation - all the walls are mirrored. The proprietors will put Vietnamese TV features on the telly for you if you like.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

The place doesn't look like anything special. We walked in the front and there was nobody there. Someone came when we rang the bell and guided us to the back where we picked our own table.

The decor is tacky with mirrors on every wall and a TV playing in the back of the room.

I ordered a tofu dish with veggies and asked the waiter if I could have it a little spicy. My friend ordered chow mein and also asked for it a little spicy.

We started with spring rolls which were really too chewy. Then our entrees came and we were both very disappointed. They were HOT. They were not a little or even medium spicy. The noodles in the chow mein were tough and under cooked. We never had anyone come back to ask us how our meal was or fill our water glasses (which I could have used!).

Overall it was a very disappointing meal and I will never go back.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

This restaurant has very good and cheap food. Their sandwiches are very famous and popular among students. But my favorite is their bubble/boba tea. They have durian bubble tea, which is impossible to find anywhere else!

Reviewed 11 November 2015

When I could not have my first choice restaurant in Davis due to its closure on Monday , I spotted this and was delightfully surprised at the quality of what I ate. One could easily pass on this from the street view , but give it a chance. The folks who run it are wonderful, accommodating and wish to make the diner pleased. This was the case and so a very delicious meal was had. I tried to chicken salad as I was looking for something light. Well this was fab! Cabbage, carrots, onions in several ways , chicken , peanuts and the best vinaigrette. Wow, i wish I had the recipe. There seemed to be regular diners there. The value is remarkable, when was the last time you paid 50 cents for a cup of tea! I was sated with an $11 bill.

Reviewed 16 October 2015

Always seen the pictures of those Asian sandwiches and figured I was in the area for lunch. My was great. It was the #5 Chinese BBQ sandwich for $3.50! Are you kidding? This sandwich was more than plenty for lunch. It was savory and spicy chopped bbq pork on a soft roll with pickled cucumber and carrots topped with fresh cilantro. Again very tasty. I have to go back for the others.