2,556 results
All reviews club level the ritz carlton raya restaurant ocean view market place outdoor bar fire pit views are spectacular salt creek beach beautiful location the cliff fitness center watch the sunset southern california boogie boards luxury hotel four seasons
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have stayed here twice for conferences and absolutely loved both stays. I would go as far to say this is probably my favourite hotel (and I have stayed in many, many hotels primarily as a result of frequently travelling for work but also pleasure). The setting and views are unparalleled to anything I have experienced and the decor is incredible, the fresh flowers everywhere are amazing too. It Is naturally rather expensive but in the US you have to pay up for excellence

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
RCLagunaNiguel, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate hearing from you. On behalf of all our ladies and gentlemen, we are delighted to hear you had a great stay. Thank you for your loyalty to our resort and brand. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. If we may be of assistance, please let us know.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We are currently at this property. The view is gorgeous. However, for the price I thought a Ritz compared more to a St Regis or Four Seasons property (other Ritz properties are more similar). If the hotel was much less expensive then I wouldn’t expect these things but...
- Most properties offer complimentary bfast or at least a pot of coffee. We asked at the front desk and they said it’s available from 4 - 6 AM.
- At the pool there is no service. You can grab your own towel etc. but no one to set up lounge chairs like most resort properties.
- The rooms are average (similar to any Marriott or Westin but again not a luxury resort)
- The rate includes nothing (parking is an additional $40 a night etc)
- Drinking coffee at 8AM outside now and cigarette butts and glassware from previous night still on tables/chairs in public area

Enjoying the views but should have listened to prior reviews.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback with us. Although we are glad to hear that you have enjoyed the beautiful views from our resort, we are disappointed that your overall experience has not exceeded your expectations. We hope you had an opportunity to speak with one of our leaders while you were here, however if you didn't we would welcome a time to speak with you.
We look forward to regaining your faith in us. Thank you again for your valuable comments.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel is one of my favorites. I’ve stayed here once a year for around 9 years or so and it’s a well oiled machine. The facility is well kept and the staff is superior. Many of their employees have worked there for many years as well.

The location is magnificently located right on the ocean and Dana Point is a beautiful little city in its own right.

I highly recommend!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
RCLagunaNiguel, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

On behalf of all our ladies and gentlemen, thank you for continuing to choose The Ritz-Carlton. We love having you and we value your loyalty to our resort and brand. It is an honor and pleasure to create meaningful experiences for you each time that you visit us.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Well I went with a group to a conference and stayed at the Ritz. Never had I stayed in such flash digs. The changing of the flowers was a sight. What happens to the other ones? They weren't brown yet. After a looonnnnggg walk to my room I discovered 2 sinks. One for my teeth and one for my face. Awesome! Short walk to the beach but got pummeled in the waves swallowing several mouthfuls of the pacific ocean. A walk proved safer with several beach games on show. No rugby ball or cricket bat on this beach! The restaurant in the hotel that is outside on the deck (forget the name) was extra busy. You have to get in really quick for a seat. We spent the night people watching, picking the face lifts and botox addicts. Lovely service and food with live music and to die for views. The service of the rooms was excellent with extra chocolates for the kids back home. You guys rock! Unfortunately I found the concierge really obstructive and rude. Not sure what her problem was. Just asked how to post something. Overall great trip with the bonus of discount rooms due to the conference. I could never afford this place otherwise. Not the shorts and jandels places I'm used to. Roll on Lotto!

Room Tip: They all rock but if you can get a view of the ocean it will rock more!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
RCLagunaNiguel, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thank you for joining us during your recent conference in Dana Point. We are thrilled that you enjoyed a relaxing and luxurious experience at our resort, as well as the ongoing events around our property. The next time you find yourself in need of a California escape, we would be delighted to welcome you back.

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Some people would think that I am crazy to travel 3,000 miles to a hotel just to relax but that's because they do not know the Ritz Carlton Hotel at Laguna Niguel. This hotel is absolutley terrific. Not only is the hotel at a 5 star level in every department, the natural beauty of being on a cliff overlooking the ocean is unbeatable. The walk down to the beach is actually easy and the friendly beach staff carry the chairs, umbrellas and towels to wherever you would like to be perched. There is a shuttle to drive you back up to the hotel when you want to return. The day starts with breakfast at Raya restaurant with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the surfers on the ocean. Joel and his assistant, Cesar, made every breakfast special. Everyone is super friendly here. Even the valet parking which is often a weak point at many of the great hotels that I have been at over the years is amazingly efficient here. If you want to just relax in a wonderland this is the place to stay.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

We are delighted to hear just how much you enjoyed your time at our resort, from our unparalleled Pacific views to our dedicated and personal service. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind thoughts with us. Our ladies and gentlemen would be thrilled to welcome you back again soon.