Open today: 08:00 - 17:00
Book In Advance
Tours from Capt. Dave's Dolphin & Whale Watching Safari tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Capt. Dave's Dolphin & Whale Watching Safari
from US$65.00
More Info
from US$775.00
More Info
All reviews brownie underwater viewing pods sea lions whale watching fast cat common dolphins see whales great trip large pod of dolphins their natural habitat other companies an incredible experience bottle nose dolphins boat ride sea sickness saw dolphins nice boat
Reviewed 31 January 2018

I echo all the other fab reviews. The crew (Capt George, Cheryl and the tall guy) all seemed very knowledgeable, caring for passenger experience and for the animals. We spent 30 mins with a pod of long nosed common dolphins and saw a solo grey whale breach. The underwater viewing of t.he dolphins was brilliant. A fab morning out in every respect. Thank you for a great experience

Date of experience: January 2018
CaptDavesWhaleSafari, Owner at Capt. Dave's Dolphin & Whale Watching Safari, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2018

Hi,
Thanks for your review, and for posting the lovely photos. I’m so glad the Underwater Viewing Pods on our catamaran Manute’a enhanced your viewing of the beautiful wild dolphins. And I’m sure it was exciting to witness the Gray Whale breaching! It’s our pleasure to have been able to share such an amazing experience with you. Thank you for the kind words about our Captain and crew. I hope we’ll see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

Our group of eight adults, ranging in age from 21 to 74, booked a whale-watching trip. Though no whales presented themselves, we saw at least three types of dolphins and two types of seals. At one point, we were allowed to lie across the bow of the boat and extend our arms over the water as the boat moved along with a group of dolphins. The captain and the assistant were friendly, knowledgeable, and informative. It was a memorable and worthwhile excursion that culminated in BROWNIES baked by Captain Dave’s wife.

Date of experience: December 2017

Hi,
Thanks so much for your review. I’m glad you were able to join Capt. Dave’s to view some amazing wild dolphins and sea lions in beautiful Dana Point. I wish we could have shown you some whales, but wildlife is unpredictable and we believe that not knowing what we will see each time is definitely part of the fun! I’m very pleased that you liked our crew’s service and the yummy, complimentary brownies. I hope you can visit us again soon.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

We always come to your whale watching expeditions and bring our family and friends because the experience your offer to all guests supersedes any or all of our expectations.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

My son and I went on the 2.5 hr dolphin and whalewatching trip. We had a wonderful time...Captain Tom worked hard to get the dolphins to swim with us and they did and it was thrilling!! We also saw a humpback whale along with hundreds of dolphins...highly recommend this excursion!!

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed 17 November 2017

Exceptional experience, 2.5 hours on the sea on a lovely catamaran, wind in your face, amazing mammals, depending on season I have seen white dolphins, bottlenose dolphins, whales and whale babies to name just a few, as well as witnessing crazy seabird feeding frenzies and stunning pelicans.

The trip is informative, fun and never ever crammed.

Always the highlight of my trip to Laguna beach - it is very very near up the coast to dana

Date of experience: November 2017