Best Western Plus Marina Shores Hotel(Dana Point)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$241
US$229
Blue Lantern Inn - A Four Sisters Inn(Dana Point)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
RitzCarlton.com
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
2,843 results
All reviewsgolf coursebeach clubstonehill tavernst regisbutler servicegrounds are beautifulturn down servicebeautiful hotellobby barmain poolkids poolthe ritzpool stafffour seasonshigh endpool viewsouthern california
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We loved our recent stay at this beautiful hotel. It is absolutely gorgeous! Kudos to David, our butler, for taking such good care of us during our stay there. Concierge desk staff & staff at reservations desk were so friendly & helpful. Be sure & eat dinner at the Stonehill Tavern. Excellent food! Their pool area at hotel is simply beautiful! We only spent one night but definitely want to return for a one week stay. The town of Laguna Beach is charming & fun to visit. What a lovely part of our country! The rooms are a wow!!!! I am a complete hotel snob & this hotel completely pleased me!

Room Tip: Can't remember what floor the lobby is on but I remember we had to go up from our room to lobby. Our room had an ocean view but also a partial view of golf course.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I thought the property itself, location, rooms, and everything about the resort was top notch. The attention to detail and cleanliness is literally second to none. The ocean views, pool, common square, golf course, and grounds are incredibly beautiful and breathtaking. I live in Southern California, and mostly get to see the ocean daily. I was still taken aback by the beauty of the resort. The service is "very good," although probably not quite as personal as some other St. Regis resorts. The only thing I was disappointed with was the butler service. There was none. But I would definetly highly recommend a visit.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and get a room on a high floor (floors 6 and 7) which an ocean view. You will not regret it.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2012

we booked the st Regis on the advice of our agent Rob M at smartflyer dot com (St. Louis division). He arranged an upgrade with extensive amenities include ocean view suite. we are well travelled professionals and this may have been the nicest hotel room we've seen in the US. the lobby, dining facilities and pool area are similarly elegant. the hallways probably need a slight update. we travelled off season so the common areas were quiet but always well staffed and maintained. although I wasn't golfing this trip, I am a reasonable golfer, the course viewed from the hotel looked well manicured and technically interesting. service was also quiet good. i emailed with the concierge prior to arrival and had great service from the onsite "butlers"

we had a late breakfast daily which was, as anticipated expensive, but delicious and plentiful. we choose to eat dinner off site.

overall, I highly recommend the resort and plan to return possibly with our children next time.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dan-STL
Reviewed 5 October 2012 via mobile

Unfortunately only stayed one night. Had to tear myself away. Beautiful and large suite with incredible views of the manicured golf course. Service was outstanding everywhere. Would jump at the chance to come back. One night is not enough. Friendly and accommodating staff.

• Stayed: October 2012
SRMB, Public Relations Manager at Monarch Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2012

Ann F-

Thank you for your review on The St. Regis Monarch Beach. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your short stay with us and will look forward to your return as a repeat guest!

The Executive Offices
The St. Regis Monarch Beach

Reviewed 4 October 2012

It is a beautiful facility at best setting in California. But it has worst staffing and service in the world.
My golf bag was missing every time I play and didn't even made to my trunk when I check out from the hell.
My family was harassed by drunks no staff came to help and when I complained about it they were all about defending themselves. Not to mention the humiliation I had to take in front of my friends and family. I don't think this overpriced so call high end facility does not deserve the name St. Regis . And totally unsafe for your family. Oh almost forgot the below average food and beverage totally over priced. I am a respectful architect from San Francisco and
I spend more that 200 days in five to six star hotels all around the world so don't take my advice lightly!

Room Tip: Ocean view is better but noisier higher floor the better
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Chuck K

Chuck K -
Thank you for your response on TripAdvisor. Our management team is looking into your issues right now, and making sure these events do not occur in the future.

We apologize for the events that took place during your stay. The St. Regis Monarch Beach is a safe place for families, and we strive to make sure our guests feel comfortable during their stay.

The Executive Team