Lowest prices for your stay
US$157
View deal
Hotels.com
eDreams
Travelocity
All reviews san francisco free breakfast convenient location short drive easy access great stay golden gate park would stay here again nice room front desk staff bart bay sfo freeway rates proximity
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 January 2021

Stayed here for a few days, decor is modern. Another Hampton Inn. Will list pros & cons.

Pros: clean, mordern, parking is free, good breakfast, due to the pandemic, there is someone serve you behind a plantic shield. Mostly friendly with the breakfast personal.

Cons: security guard in parking lot is always smoking, every time we go get the car. Front desk young asian lady could use more smile. Tends to hide behind the computer and avoids ppl. Did not provide info when check in regarding of the pandemic, house keeping, gym, etc.
House keeping service is per request, did not come as promised by manager one of the day we stayed.

Not sure will be back or not. Could do better as part of Hilton

Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank Run_ar0und
Thalia Manzo, General Manager at Hampton Inn San Francisco - Daly City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feed back is upmost appreciated. We apologize for any inconvenience it has caused you. We will use your feed back to better our practices in the future. We hope you consider staying with us again soon. Please feel free to contact me directly for your future bookings.

Reviewed 22 September 2020

I just completed a weeklong stay at the Hampton Inn and I was appalled that they allowed indoor dining! For several days in a row, I came down to get breakfast and there were people sitting in the lobby within a few feet of the breakfast line and they had their masks off and were eating and talking, like it's not a violation of indoor dining rules in the Bay Area! There were no signs on the tables saying that this is not allowed. I texted the hotel staff about this twice and was eventually told that they would definitely bring it up with management. Not sure if they will make the changes but it shouldn't have been allowed in the first place! I felt completely unsafe getting my breakfast and standing in those lines and each time, I hurried to get back to my room as soon as possible. I can't imagine how the poor people who serve the breakfast feel to have people eating and breathing within feet of them. And the staff working the front desk in the same area. It's not safe for anyone, which is why indoor dining is not allowed at this time. I chose this hotel over others near SFO specifically because it supposedly takes very good coronavirus safety precautions, and seeing something like this made me think I had made a mistake.

As for the room itself, it was modern and clean. However, the walls weren't super thick like say, the Venetian in Vegas. I definitely heard people talking next door. I couldn't hear exact words, but certainly the chatter of talking. My headboard also was bumped many times one night as my neighbor was doing...something. So for those who are sensitive to noise, be warned.

The staff was really nice and friendly.

My view was of the parking lot and a dumpster filled with trash parked 4 floors right underneath my window. I made the mistake of opening the window to get some fresh air one day and 2 flies got into my room. I had to chase them down and never opened the window again. Nasty.

I would stay here again but only if they stopped the indoor dining.

2  Thank TheMisterMister

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We take our guest feed back very seriously. We have shared your comments with management to ensure that we are enhancing our safety procedures. Please contact me directly for your future booking needs.

Reviewed 13 September 2020

The staff were friendly and accommodating. The hotel was tidy and neat. Hand sanitizers were placed at entrance, front desk and by elevators. When we entered room it smelled fresh and appeared newly renovated. We felt safe in this area.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Darlene H

Thank you for choosing Hampton by Hilton Daly City. We value guest like you. We are very happy that we have made you feel safe and you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 September 2020

I understand due to covid there's going to be a drop off in breakfast service standards, but when you stand in line behind 18 people for 25 minutes and there's still 13 people in front of you, that's a problem. It seemed like one very slow moving lady without very good communication skills was doing everything. If someone is trained and motivated, each person can be served in a minute. It seemed like it was the first day they were doing this and had zero oversight to realize it wasn't working. The 40 mintues I allowed myself for breakfast should have been more than enough. Instead I started my workday frustrated on an empty stomach.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank sporadicdefense

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We take our guest feed back very seriously. We have made the necessary change to our operations to avoid breakfast lines. We apologize for the inconvenient it has caused you. We are working each day to keep our environment safe and effective for all our guest. We hope you consider us again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 March 2020

We were at this location for one night in order to visit San Francisco. We absolutely loved our stay ! First the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, we really felt welcome. Our room was well decorated, very clean and spacious. The beds were very comfortable and the mini fridge in the room was useful ! And the last but not the least : the amazing included breakfast ! I will certainly be back someday for more than one night this time :) Thank you !

Date of stay: March 2020
2  Thank Marie M
HamptonDalyCityGM, Manager at Hampton Inn San Francisco - Daly City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2020

Hello Marie M,

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm happy to hear that you "Absolutely loved your stay"
I'm also thrilled that my staff was friendly/helpful room was clean and enjoyed the hotel amenities.

Kristopher Mangonon