All reviewslounge areawalking distancegreat hotelkitchenettetargetlaundrygymwifideskpropertyapple
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Friendly staff, spacious rooms. Breakfast is good and served with lovely atmosphere. 3 nights a week they also serve free light dinner and beer/wine. Free parking though you have to spend few minuets getting to the 5th floor of the garage and down by the elevator. Only drawback is the lack of a pool but this is 3 stars. Loved every moment there.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Recently stayed for 5 nights on Business, the Residence Inn completely surpassed my expectations.
The staff were brilliant, very friendly, helpful and courteous
Great room with kitchen, large fridge/freezer etc, lounge area, very comfortable queen size bed and excellent bathroom, great walk in shower.
Excellent LG LED TV
I really liked the breakfast choices
Gym was fine (as in adequate)
The free Wifi was very good/strong
There is an adjoining bar which isn’t hotel owned....
...but also a good range of drinks and snacks that can be purchased at reception
Really nice outdoor courtyard area with seating/tables

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed for one day but had a great time. From check in at Front desk, HH servers, breakfast servers and every staff we met were very friendly and eager to help. New hotel with modern vibe but met our needs. Great beddings, breakfast and happy hour wine, beer, soda with flat bread and veggies. Thanks for everything!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
SJCPTRI, Manager at Residence Inn San Jose Cupertino, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Dear brychewilliams,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to take advantage of the wonderful amenities our hotel has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Live, work, play. This is the feel around the residence inn. It’s in a little village. The rooms are clean, green with the kill switch to shut off power when leaving the room. The courtyard has free wine and beer along with food.

In addition, there are tons of places to walk to eat. If you are commuting around Sunnyvale and cupertino, you can also avoid traffic by driving through the neighborhoods. It can get pricey, so book early. This is my go to hotel when I can get it.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Evelyn B, General Manager at Residence Inn San Jose Cupertino, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thank you for the positive review of the hotel. We're very glad to know that the location of the hotel works out for you, and we are also very happy to know that we are your go to hotel in the area.

Best regards

Evelyn

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Overall this is an excellent property and located in the perfect place. Check in, park your car and don’t need to drive anywhere for dinner - can’t ask for anything better. Excellent service by Jessy. Only hiccup; apparently this property will not upgrade Platinum Members staying on points. I was told that the ‘Accountant’ was concerned with all of the Platinum upgrades on points. While I understand and respect the policy; having been a loyal Marriott customer for over 10 years, stayed over 1200 nights and achieved Life Time member status, this was the very first time a Marriott property has denied an upgrade while staying on points, and citing the ‘Accountant’ as the reason. Certainly if one is not available, that is perfectly fine.

I have received upgrades when available across the world for several nights in some cases while staying on points at some of the most prestigious properties Marriott has to offer.

In conclusion, while I was denied the upgrade, the professionalism and an excellent service from Jessy was appreciated, and as mentioned before, the property is fantastic.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback. I am sorry that you were not upgraded during your stay. As a rule, if we have upgraded rooms available, we need to offer those rooms to Gold and Platinum members regardless of the type of payment. We recognize and value your loyalty and you earned this privilege as a Platinum guest. We hope that we can make it up to you next time you're in town. Please reach out to me directly, and I will try my very best to accommodate this type of request, as long as we have it available.
I am very appreciative that in spite of our shortcoming, you manage to overlook that and still gave us a positive score, because of Jessy's exceptional service. I will make sure to thank him myself. I will also make sure to retrain our staff on how to handle upgrade request.

Best regards,