All reviews continental breakfast coffee and juice sized bed laundry room venice beach flat screen the ground floor ice machine city bedding
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Where do I start...
• Homeless Guy greeter at the lobby door.
• Same Guy followed us in and stood beside my wife as I checked in.
• Sink was clogged...had to brush our teeth in the shower.

On the plus side...
• We checked in very late
• Nothing bit us as we slept

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank HowieJaye
ramadaculvercity, Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Culver City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear Guest,

I apologize for the negative experience you may have had. We do not currently employ any door greeter at our property. As this may be a potential security issue I will look further into this.

As for the sink and vanity I apologize deeply. I would like to reinforce that this is not a normal circumstance. Our maintenance staff has been notified and have undergone preventative care.

Please consider us once more for your stay in culver city. You can directly book with us at 3103902189

Dilan Patel
Assistant General Manager
+13109188721
Ramadaculvercity@gmail.com

Reviewed 8 February 2018

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 February 2018

I waivered between 3 stars and 4. Ultimately, I gave this hotel a 3 star rating because it can get pretty pricey depending on the day and time you stay (like any other hotel). Our room was in total, $147 for a queen double which seemed a little high even for a clean room in a busy part of Los Angeles. It's a competitive rate for the area in regular chain hotel I guess, but still a little high. No matter what the holiday or situation - paying more than that - is WAAY too much. We actually were put up here for work - if it were me paying out of my own pocket... I never would have paid that much for the hotel and if I had to out of emergency - I would have felt very put out about it!

So, that having been said -- the room is very clean. It was an updated room with new bedding and furniture, new fixtures and bathroom and carpet. There was free wifi in the room that worked well. The kids enjoyed the flat screen with multiple working channels. They don't get to watch tv much - so this was a vacation for them! The bathroom did not have a tub - which was disappointing - BUT the shower was huge and lovely with great water pressure so it made up for it. Had we been staying for more than one night - I would have preferred a bathtub (and would have been more disappointed that I didn't have a tub for the $150 bucks).

We slept well - the beds were comfortable and it wasn't loud. We were right on the bottom floor against the parking lot - and we had no issues with noise. The hotel is right off the busy main road - and it's a congested part of Los Angeles - so there was no less than 3 sirens that went by throughout the night - but no big deal.

The parking lot was safe - it's off the road and not open to people passing by. We had no issues with parking - lots of room too. Free parking. I didn't see any 'shady' looking people at the hotel or on the grounds. I felt safe given the area. It has come a long way.

The staff was nice and helpful. There was a free continental breakfast upstairs in a renovated space - a breakfast room with tv. It was limited - but nothing I would complain about. When I reserve a room that has 'free breakfast' I don't expect more than continental. When it is more than expected - it is a great plus. This was not - but it did the job. Lots of cereal choices, muffins, danish, packaged/frozen pancakes that you heat up in the microwave (my kids did not like them), bagels, cream cheese, toast, oatmeal and coffee and juice. It was plenty but I know a lot of times people expect more and are disappointed with continental. If staying more than a day or two - this would get tiring as far a choice. **The coffee here was awful. In room coffee was better than what was being served at breakfast - but for the 4 cups of coffee being served in room - there was only one pack of cream and sugar. Plus, I prefer milk or creme. But overall - if you like your morning cup to be an experience - don't even attempt it here.

Overall - it did the job for what we needed. As I said, it worked for our stay but I would not make a family vacation here. It's best for a couple or business trip though I didn't see a business center. To print I had to email the front desk. There is no place to walk to or just hang out. You really have to have a plan and a car to get somewhere good. The room was fine - but not worth a high price. The surrounding area has a lot going on - but I wouldn't walk around to sight see. You need a car. Just a couple blocks down the road is a really nice center that has a Starbucks and tons of new restaurants and that has its own free parking lot. It's .3 miles down the road but I come from the era of nobody walks in L.A. ---- I drove there for coffee because I wasn't going to make the walk with all the coffee - and it's too busy to walk with the kids.

The hotel does not have a pool. It said there was a hot tub but we didn't even look for it - so I don't know to comment on it. Stay if you have too - but if this is a family vacation - look elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business