1,169 results
All reviews cookies double tree front desk nice hotel late check breakfast buffet los angeles santa monica restaurant staff close to the airport convenient location business trip la area bar and restaurant easy access marina del rey venice beach
Reviewed 2 July 2015

I brought my parents to LA last year June and initially we stayed at Doubletree by Hilton downtown LA. We had a horrible experience there as firstly, they had no hot water and then no water at all. We moved to Doubletree by Hilton on Culver city and the front desk staff who checked us in (David) was superb. He was so empathic towards our bad experience from the other property, very friendly and upon checking in, I asked for extra towels, not only did he responded very positively that he would send housekeeping to bring some to my room, he even called up 10 minutes later to check if I got the towels.

The next day, before we had to catch our flight, we wanted to explore nearby and another front desk staff (Danyelle) was extremely friendly and helpful. She was very helpful in answering our questions and instead of simply verbally providing us directions on how to get to the mall nearby she even offered and printed out a map for us.
Both David and Danyelle provided excellent service that exceeded our expectations with big smiles on their faces.

The only reason I am not giving 5 stars is the room was a bit run down and the carpet was wet from something that was leaking. I told David about the wet carpet and not only was he most apologetic, he actually got someone to come and look at it very promptly.

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2015

I like to stay at this hotel because it is convenient to my office. If you unfortunately get booked on the freeway (405) it can be nosey. They changed the menu and I do not feel the selections were as interesting and the dishes I tasted were very bland.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Marilyn H
Reviewed 23 June 2015 via mobile

Check in was great, they were friendly. Food at the restaurant was good but a lil pricey. Had a great view of the city and pool from my room it was like 833. And the cookies are always on point. You have to pay $17 a day to park so that might be a disadvantage but it is in a nice location and mall with restaurants is right around the corner.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank S J
Reviewed 20 June 2015

Although the hotel is reasonably close to great venues, this location is out of the way. Felt like a business hotel.

Parking fees were simply added to my two room bills without even inquiring if I had a vehicle let alone two vehicles. $17.00 is a lot for such a remote location.

As a Gold Hilton Honors member I had to insist on my breakfast coupons, the lady at the desk tried to get me to take the 1000 measly honor points. This happens frequently with the doubletree locations, it must be part of their training.

Double sized beds? Mediocre

And they messed up my Hilton honor points by half the amount.

Good: the bell services and the breakfast wait staff. Both helpful and friendly.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank barkus1968
Reviewed 19 June 2015 via mobile

I have stayed at this property once before when it used to be a Radisson hotel with sleep number beds.
Now it's a Hilton double tree. It looks and feels the same. Beaten up! I
My biggest complaint is the shower. The water comes out very very slow. So slow that you can not shower and clean your self after the 5 hour driving. It took me well over a minute to stand under the shower to collect a mouthful to gargle. Front desk knows but cannot do anything.

Restaurant is ok. Food options are better.

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sam K
GMDoubletreeLAWest, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Los Angeles Westside, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2015

Dear Sam K,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guestrooms. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. Additionally, I apologize for the water pressure in the shower. We’ve worked with maintenance to fix the issue, but we’re very sorry that it wasn't resolved sooner. Thanks again for your review. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you return to the area so we may help make it right.

Bill Reider