All reviews venice beach room was clean minute drive would definitely stay here again within walking distance free parking freeway
Reviewed 4 May 2017

Easy to find, immediately off the 405 and only 15 mins away from the airport. Basic accommodation, firm bed (yay), crisp sheets (very well made and clean), updated bathroom, CLEAN REMOTE CONTROL! oddly quiet (ecxept for a/c unit-the norm on/off cycle) since it's off the hwy. Very friendly staff & safe neighborhood. Improvements: bathroom could have been a bit cleaner (floor) and the toilet seat was peeling (upside is we know they clean that well! ), continental breakfast is sparse (cereal, cold items, small array of croissants and mini muffins). Overall I highly recommend this motel and would stay here anytime I'm passing thru!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank abby m
Reviewed 29 April 2017

DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT STAY HERE! Room was prepaid on hotel.com. A week later I found a $50 charge on my credit card. When I called to question it, without even taking a second to look up a record, they said it was because we smoked in the room! Clearly, they are running a scam!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2017

Since the whole point of a motel room is to able to sleep, I'm rating this place low based on their incredibly horrible beds. The beds are hard as a rock. For those of you who have ever had the pleasure of trying to sleep on a floor by padding the floor with a blanket, that's what the beds at this place are like. Additionally, the pilows are like cardboard with some padding. Flat as a pancake. The sheets don't totally fit on the enormous, hard mattress. Epic fail.

As with most hotel rooms, the room is always warm and opening the windows isn't really an option at night with the outdoor breezeway right outside. So you're forced to use the AC unit. Good grief. First off, the thermostat is totally out of whack, so if you want the room to be about 70, you need to set the AC unit to 65. Every time it turns on, it sounds like the engine on a plane starting up.

Other highlights: The room smelled like a potpourri factory exploded to mask the smell of cigarettes. The toilet had a giant crack in the lid that looked like someone tried to glue it, and constantly ran water 24/7, so would randomly make flushing sounds.

On a positive note, the room was basically clean (just don't look at the back of the bathroom door....or any place you're not supposed to see easily) and had a fridge and microwave. Oh, and it's cheaper than most places in LA. But you get what you pay for, as we know. If you're only here for one night, it's doable. More than that, and you'll want to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 April 2017

I booked the Sunburst for a colleague of mine who was visiting Los Angeles from out of town through Expedia. When she arrived at the hotel, Eddie at the front desk would not let her check in because she only had a debit card. The terms were never mentioned on Expedia. I drove across town to give them my card to check in as a security deposit. Eddie refused to take my card since I was not staying in the room. I asked to be added onto the room and he said that three people were not allowed in one room.
Eddie then told me he needed to go fix something in a room and I needed to leave the office. Expedia was helpful and gave me a refund and booked another hotel down the street that accepted debit cards.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2017

I was attending a conference in Los Angles and stayed at this hotel for one night. The price is reasonable compared to other options in LA. The room was very clean.The only problem was that the heater was loud . You can't set it to automatic. You should either have it on or off. So, you will be cold or hot and if it is on, it makes a lot of noise. The breakfast was very simple.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo