“Very tasty Mexican in Crestline ”
Review of La Casita

Ranked #8 of 20 Restaurants in Crestline
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 15 March 2016 via mobile

Stopped here after a flight from London to LA and a long drive up through heavy traffic. Great menu and the food we had was tasty and very welcoming to jet lagged customers!

Date of visit: March 2016

Reviewed 15 January 2016

Horrible! Avoid this joint. My boyfriend and I eat Mexican food on the regular, and coming from LA/OC, we know the greatest dives/joints to get our Mexican food fix. La Casita is a dump.
First, the girl at the register seemed confused when we said we wanted our food "to go" as we were on a romantic holiday and wanted to get back to our hotel. She said 'Ok' and then charged us over $35 for a shrimp burrito, chicken nachos and chicken tacos.
While waiting, we noticed that the waitress with long blonde hair and tattoos seemed to have a rather inappropriate "itch" and kept reaching in under her apron to scratch herself. Take it to the bathroom, sweetie. Disgusting.
We got our order and drove literally 150 yards around the corner to our hotel. When we took the food out, we were disgusted.
The "nachos" (if you can call them that) were served in a tin spaghetti, round to-go box with a lid. We popped the lid off and saw a pile of chips, microwaved melted cheese, and 9 small pieces of chicken spread on top. On the bottom of the pile were store-bought, canned refried beans smeared across the bottom of the box. There was NO pico de gallo, NO salsa, NO sour cream, NO guacamole. Nothing. $10.95 for this garbage.
My boyfriend's burrito was pretty much the only edible thing. It was a decent sized 8" long burrito stuffed with alot of mexican store-bought rice and a handful of shrimp. Still again, NO pico de gallo, NO sauce, nothing. $11.95
My chicken tacos were nothing more than a large handful of shredded iceburg lettuce (the cheap stuff), stuffed into a greasy fried taco shell. There was a small handful of chicken on the top and some cheddar cheese. Again, NO pico de gallo, NO sour cream, NO salsa...nothing. The beans and rice were served on the side in another round to-go spaghetti tin. They were little more than Rice-A-Roni and store bought Rosarita beans. $9.50
Even the "salsa" they included on the side with our tortilla chips was garbage. It was not homemade, and tasted like Pace or some other store brand.
Avoid this place. Seriously. Head into Big Bear City for authentic mexican food. Its' worth the drive.

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 6 December 2015

My son and daughter in-law took my grand daughter and I to their local Mexican food eatery. I was amazed how delicious the meal was. I had missed some down home cooking and this place is a hit for our next trip

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed 28 August 2015

Cute little place. Salsa was good despite they used Italian Parsley and not Cilantro by accident. Enchiladas were above average and Carnitas were excellent.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 15 August 2015

I order fajitas. They come out covered in what resembled teriyaki sauce. The waitress said, "I know you ordered them without it but this is how its made, give it a try, if you don't like it we'll fix it" so I put two small pieces of chicken on my tortilla and tried it. I couldn't stomach it so I called the waitress back and after looking at the menu I didn't see anything else I wanted so I told her I would like for her to take it off the bill please, while handing her a full plate minus the two pieces of chicken.

The owner, Michelle, came out visibly shaking and said very loudly, "I am not going to take the meal off your bill after you ate it ALL. That's not going to happen" ummm, I ate two small pieces of chicken. She said, "well I disagree, you and I see it differently then"

Needless to say she offered to take half of the cost off. I told her I would pay for the full meal. It wasn't about the money but how absolutely embarrassing for her to yell at me in front of other customers and my young kids.

I was so shocked. She said, "I can't give my food away for free. That's a slippery slope"

No ma'am, I disagree. The slippery slope is the way you treated someone who simply tried and disliked your food. This is the slope that your business will quickly slide down if this is normal treatment of customers.

I am now spending the rest of our evening calming down a 6 and 11 year old who "cant understand why that woman was so mean to mommy just because you didn't like the food"

To my credit however, I am able to tell my children to take the high road no matter who you are dealing with. So I PAID THE BILL IN FULL. It does feel good to be the better person however, I do take a lot of stock in these reviews so I felt compelled to add this to your reviews.

NEVER have I been in a restaurant or any other business that outright embarrasses, bullies and even calls the patron a LIAR and THIEF.

I regularly frequent and support small businesses especially in my career. I believe the small business owner to be the true backbone of America. I sincerely hope at some point you use our unfortunate meeting as a lesson of what NOT to do when you disagree with your customer. The entire exchange left me embarrassed, for you. Also a bit disheartened. I do hope you were only having a difficult night however, this is not the way to handle your clientele.

Date of visit: August 2015