“Thanksgiving 2015”

Ranked #8 of 20 Restaurants in Crestline
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 6 December 2015

My son and daughter in-law took my grand daughter and I to their local Mexican food eatery. I was amazed how delicious the meal was. I had missed some down home cooking and this place is a hit for our next trip

Date of visit: November 2015

Reviewed 28 August 2015

Cute little place. Salsa was good despite they used Italian Parsley and not Cilantro by accident. Enchiladas were above average and Carnitas were excellent.

Reviewed 15 August 2015

I order fajitas. They come out covered in what resembled teriyaki sauce. The waitress said, "I know you ordered them without it but this is how its made, give it a try, if you don't like it we'll fix it" so I put two small pieces of chicken on my tortilla and tried it. I couldn't stomach it so I called the waitress back and after looking at the menu I didn't see anything else I wanted so I told her I would like for her to take it off the bill please, while handing her a full plate minus the two pieces of chicken.

The owner, Michelle, came out visibly shaking and said very loudly, "I am not going to take the meal off your bill after you ate it ALL. That's not going to happen" ummm, I ate two small pieces of chicken. She said, "well I disagree, you and I see it differently then"

Needless to say she offered to take half of the cost off. I told her I would pay for the full meal. It wasn't about the money but how absolutely embarrassing for her to yell at me in front of other customers and my young kids.

I was so shocked. She said, "I can't give my food away for free. That's a slippery slope"

No ma'am, I disagree. The slippery slope is the way you treated someone who simply tried and disliked your food. This is the slope that your business will quickly slide down if this is normal treatment of customers.

I am now spending the rest of our evening calming down a 6 and 11 year old who "cant understand why that woman was so mean to mommy just because you didn't like the food"

To my credit however, I am able to tell my children to take the high road no matter who you are dealing with. So I PAID THE BILL IN FULL. It does feel good to be the better person however, I do take a lot of stock in these reviews so I felt compelled to add this to your reviews.

NEVER have I been in a restaurant or any other business that outright embarrasses, bullies and even calls the patron a LIAR and THIEF.

I regularly frequent and support small businesses especially in my career. I believe the small business owner to be the true backbone of America. I sincerely hope at some point you use our unfortunate meeting as a lesson of what NOT to do when you disagree with your customer. The entire exchange left me embarrassed, for you. Also a bit disheartened. I do hope you were only having a difficult night however, this is not the way to handle your clientele.

1  Thank Darla P
Reviewed 14 August 2015

The food here is very good though the menu is not extensive it does have a nice selection. It is very small. They have a full bar. This visit we sat on the patio otherwise known as fly central. A fan would have been nice to keep them moving. The wait staff is very nice and did their job efficiently and were attentive.

Reviewed 6 May 2015

We were a large party and Michele took good care of us: good margaritas, good food, and good service.

Date of visit: May 2015