“disappointing”

Buckboard Bbq & Grill
Ranked #113 of 173 Restaurants in Covina
Reviewed 16 June 2016

purchased a a family 4 pack bbq chicken ribs tri tip and you had to purchase 2 drinks thru groupon the tri tip was dry as well as the ribs and there was no real smoke flavor to the meats the chicken wasn't to bad the bbq beans were chilli beans with no nothing for flavor and the potato salad was poor the only reason i did not give this waste of time a terrible 1 rating was the chicken was not bad also the family 4 pack WHAT A JOKE it barely fed 2 adults of coure we did not finish the so called bbq beans or potato salad and gave some of the tri tip to the dog will not be back they got my money 1 time

Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

First time & used a Groupon $25 for a $50value pre-chosen package + you have to buy 2 Lg sodas. This package is supposed to be for a family of 4 and consisted of:
Salad: Simple/boring lettuce with 4 thin cucumber slices, 1 Tomato slice and 2 slivers of carrot. Fortunately there were only 2 of us because we had no problem polishing off the salad.
Bread: 4 pieces of what tasted like a sourdough with good flavor, REAL butter pats and a tad on the dry side.
Chicken: 4 sections, but all were dark meat (leg/thigh) waaaaaah! I asked the server why no white meat and she went to the back and asked, returned and said they told her NO WHITE MEAT with the groupons! Sucks!
Ribs: 5 small baby backs (seriously.. for 4 people????) The flavor was good but the ribs were too dry/overcooked.
Tri-Tip: 10 slices, these also tasted overcooked.
Baked Beans: I didn't care for them, I prefer mine at least a little bit sweetened.
Potato Salad: It was ok.
Service: The cashier (also our server) was friendly and helpful
Note: Even when eating in there is no silverware... only plastic and plastic knives don't easily cut tough meat.
Drinks: We explained that we don't drink soda and asked for bottled water instead. We were charged $4. I pointed out water was $1 and we only got 2 and she said that sodas are $2 and we chose water instead!
Just a side note: the boyfriend enjoyed all of the food. Different strokes for different folks.

Reviewed 20 December 2015 via mobile

I recently bought a Groupon for this place. We wanted to try it. Well it didn't. Disappoint. The food was great. The place is really small. So you can't have a big party but you can have take out. The food was really good. We will be back.

Reviewed 12 November 2015

I was very disappointed with the food. We ordered beef ribs and they tasted like reheated ribs that were not left on the fire long enough. Nothing worse than cold ribs when that's not what you're expecting!

Reviewed 26 October 2015

So, went here with a groupon for a couple of 3 meat combo's. First, the good is that the Tri-tip was by far the best of the meats.. followed by the pork ribs, then the chicken. Nothing wrong with the beef rib, but as most know, beef ribs are a pain as there a just a lot to handle and really not as flavorful as a nice pork rib... nothing wrong with it here, just not what I would order, All the meats had good smoke and great flavor and the sides were pretty much standard sides (good, but nothing that would set you free)... Garlic toast is a nice touch, and trust me, with 3 meats, 2 sides, and bread... it is a ton of food. Staff was nice, service was good... small seating seating section, but really clean.. one small tv, so really not a place to hang out.... I would order to go! So, what is the down side to this place.... I would like to see more options of meats.... no brisket, no hot (or mild) links, so the selections is pretty limited, and no beer (everything is better with beer).... and that's it... good BBQ and nice staff, plenty of food... no problem recommending this spot.

Been to Buckboard Bbq & Grill? Share your experiences!