“Pizzeria . . . Covina Style”

The Artist Pizzeria
Ranked #4 of 180 Restaurants in Covina
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Description: The Artist Pizzeria delights in allowing our diners the unique experience of being their own food artists. Whether you're creating the perfect pie or salad, we provide the highest-quality, freshest ingredients for your palette. For our pies we use "00" Caputo pastry flour imported from Italy, and only 100% Grande Cheese, "The Finest Italian Cheese Money Can Buy". Artist pizzas are always hand tossed and our salads are made with the freshest ingredients, locally sourced whenever possible. We offer a large variety of toppings that are sure to allow you to craft the perfect pizza or salad. Dine with us at The Artist Pizzeria and "unleash your inner artist" to craft the perfect pizza pie or salad, while enjoying the atmosphere of our brand new dining room or extra large street side patio. We also have 80" TV's inside and out, so tell us which game you would like to watch!
Reviewed 30 September 2016

Luckily, the first place we went to for pizza was closed. So we plugged in "The Artist Pizzeria" and drove the 9/10ths of a mile to Pizza Heaven. The only problem was the parking. Even at 8:00 PM, Citrus Avenue was wall to wall traffic and no parking space was available in front of our destination. But, I circled the block a couple times and sure enough, a spot opened up right in front of The Artist Pizzeria.
I had the "meat lovers pizza" with a few items added at no cost. It was kind of like a Subway sandwich shop. You choose what you want on your pizza after the initial ingredients are put on.
We ordered two medium pizzas. Half of one is in our hotel refrigerator. Both were absolutely excellent. To indicate to you how good they were, I'm going to Bing or Google them to see if they have any additional establishments located in any of the towns we plan on visiting throughout the month of October.
If you're like we are, sitting in a hotel room, sitting in your office or at home wondering what to have for supper . . . jump in to La Bomba and head to The Pizza Artist. You wont regret it. And by the way . . . you're welcome! I know you're going to thank me sooner or later for telling you about this place.

Anthony L, Owner at The Artist Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2016

Bryan, sounds like it was fate that led you to our spot. Thanks so much for spreading the word about us with this amazing review! Sounds like parking was a little dicey at first, (thanks to SoCal traffic, no surprise there, unfortunately) but I'm glad you pressed on and didn't let it get in the way of your meat lover's pizza. Hope you get to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

I love the build your own pizza. You can't blame anyone but yourself if you don't like it! So many choices - they're doing it right. Next time I'm in California I will stop by.

Anthony L, Owner at The Artist Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2016

Josh, I'm so glad you could check us out while you visiting California! Sounds like you were impressed with our choice of toppings. Can't wait for you to come back and try another combination!

All the best,

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Super delicous create your own pizza and prize Is extremely affordable..been 3x here and my kids and husband doesnt want to eat other pizza since they tasted this

Anthony L, Owner at The Artist Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2016

Bert, this is great to hear! Glad you're such a big fan of our pizza! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 July 2016

Either get a pizza off the menu or build your own. Tons of toppings to choose from. Medium pizza big enough for two for only $9. Or order a huge build-your-own salad and they include a large fresh baked bread thingy. Best deal in downtown Covina.

Anthony L, Owner at The Artist Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2016

Terry, I'm really happy to see this! Thanks for the 5 stars! Glad you're a fan of our pizza!

Come back soon!

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

Love this place. I recently discovered this place and I'm glad I did. Really, really good pizza and salads. You can build a pizza or salad your way. Fresh ingredients. Great selection of toppings. Sports bar atmosphere. I think it is the best pizza that I have had in Southern California. I'm on my way there right now for lunch. I plan on eating here once a week or more.

Anthony L, Owner at The Artist Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2016

This is great to hear! Glad that you love our pizza and salads! It's great to see that we can be one of your new go-to lunch spots! Hope to see you again soon!