“Best salad and cheese bread ever”

Clearman's North Woods Inn
Ranked #4 of 158 Restaurants in Covina
Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

I have been eating at Northwoods since I was a child back in the 1960's. The food is amazingly good and you get large portions. The steaks, halibut, lobster, scallops are sooooo good. Everything is really good. I've never had a bad meal there. The salads, red and green are the best. The cheese bread is to die for. You can easily get filled up on the salads and cheese bread, but you have to save room for the main course. The baked potatoes are huge and I suggest trying it with the cheese butter. It is pricy and not the place to go if you are on a budget, but you will leave there stuffed and satisfied with a wanting to return. They serve you roasted peanuts while you wait for your meal and they encourage you to throw the peanut shells on the floors. Northwoods is a must.

There are newer reviews for Clearman's North Woods Inn

Reviewed 20 July 2016

Great place to go when the weather is creeping up in the 90's & 100's. Airconditioner is the gratest

Reviewed 14 July 2016

My kids and I went for lunch the other day. You usually eat in the waiting area by the bar early in the day. I am assuming if this is where they start out new waiters and waitresses before they go to the dinner service. We got this new guy and our service was horrible. We asked for the salad special. You get two salads and a baked potato. We asked for vinegar and oil dressing on our salads for all. I specified no cabbage. Instead of putting the dressing on the salads he brought it on the side. I have had this done before and it is awful because the oil settles and there is no way to shake it so you just get oil on your salad instead of the dressing. We asked that he take it back and bring us salad with the dressing on it. He said he had to take all of our plates and food. I saw him stick a thumb in my bake potato. When he returned we got the same food back. He just went and poured the entire dressing on our salads and brought our food back. When my daughter was eating her food she found a stem from a cherry in her food. It was picked up by one of the plates on our table. My son had the all you can eat salad and he never got tongs or a salad bowl. My son ate out of the bowl the salad came in. None of us got bread plates. Our server rarely came by to give us drink refills. I don't get the opportunity to splurge on Northwoods very often so I was pretty disappointed we experienced such poor service by a newbie waiter. Stick to the dinner hour where you get the experienced servers.

Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

Great tasting food and very good portions
The place is a little dark but service is great
Great place to try when you have kids

Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

First time for me and soooo good! Signature dishes are the cabbage salad, huge stuffed potato with cheese butter. I had porterhouse and my wife had filet. Perfect!!