“Love the breakfast sandwiches”

Sweet Savory Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #2 of 3 Bakeries in Covina
Reviewed 7 December 2016

Love the breakfast sandwiches. Love the area. Extremely friendly staff. Not enough outdoor seating though. Also a bummer that it is not open on Sunday.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 8 September 2014

I was visiting Covina and had my Entertainment (coupon) book with me. There was a $5 off coupon for this establishment, so I tried it.

This is a bakery/restaurant in old downtown Covina. You order at the register, and your food is brought to you. There were several tantalizing pastries/breads by the register. I ordered the stuffed French toast; it had a smear of cream cheese, a few strips of bacon, and ham in it. It was overwhelming rich for me. I'd go back to this bakery, but I'd order something else. Oddly, my orange juice was in a single-serve container. That's certainly okay, but it was warm. A glass of ice was served with it. I don't care for ice in my orange juice unless it's accompanied by vodka. : )

The service was just so-so. I stood near the cash register for a while and finally asked if I was to just take a seat. The man told me to order at the register. I appreciated the quietness of the restaurant. One could visit with one's companion.

There were a few tables outside. The restroom was clean.

Date of visit: September 2014
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Had a great time meeting my girlfriends for lunch. Nice and cozy perfect to talk among your friend not loud and very comfortable large tables to spread around. Food was amazing, I had Pumpkin pancakes: they were just right. My mocha was delicious. we were all very happy and will go back with more people.

Date of visit: November 2013

Been to Sweet Savory Cafe & Bakery? Share your experiences!