“Food that Frank Sinatra would be proud stupid”

Avolio's Pizza Italian Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 168 Restaurants in Covina
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

My wife and I went there for dinner on the weekend. We had anti pasta salad for two and a small pizza that was plenty with garlic bread. The food was fantastic the prices reasonable that atmosphere of casual. The workers were great

Reviewed 23 August 2016

The food was fine, prices and quatity fair, staff friendly. We had pizza and lasagna. If you want basic Italian food, this place is it. Nothing was bad, nothing was exceptional.

Reviewed 12 February 2016

We've been here a few times but probably won't be back. The food is perfectly acceptable though not world class. My downgrade comes from the fact that I've never been to a noisier, more nerve-wracking place in my life. Specifically, children. Loud, rowdy, screaming children running through the place like it was their living room at home. I know it's the parents' responsibility but the restaurant made no effort to stop the behavior so I take away some credit for that. The last time we were there my friend said uh-uh and we got up and left.

Reviewed 9 August 2015 via mobile

I've been dining at this restaurant for over 20 years! My son's love it too! The sauce is very authentic and the prices are reasonable.

Reviewed 2 August 2015

I regularly go to this restaurant for lunch when I'm in the area. I love their pizza, one of my favs in the east San Gabriel Valley. The crust is medium thickness with good chew and a great yeasty taste. This is an under cheese kind of pizza. The pepperonis are under the cheese! I also like their meatball sandwiches, good sauce, crusty and soft italian bread, and their homemade sauce, yum! Except for the ravioli, their pasta is good but not great. I enjoy the ravioli, and I especially like the beef stuffed ones. The place is not fancy,some of the booths could use some love. The wait staff is pleasant and attentive. If you're a regular, they even remember your preferences. Overall good food with good service.