“A best dished Pork Ramen”

Kitakata Ramen Bannai
Ranked #25 of 570 Restaurants in Costa Mesa
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

I have got no idea the good restaurant when i traveled to California. But my boss took me to Kitakata Ramen 2 years ago, and this year was my 2nd visit. The Ramen was so good and the Pork meat was so tender and addicted to be honest. Oh you need to Q at least 45 to 60 minutes before you’ve got your table inside.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I hate the word "authentic" because it means different things to different people, but Kitakata Ramen Ban Nai is just about as close to the ramen you'd expect to find in Tokyo it isn't funny. I think this is the best ramen joint in Orange County.

I like to start with the traditional tonkatsu broth (pork), which is just sublime and then add in extra ingredients like seasoned egg, Napa cabbage, green onions and Umami Chili.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

I love that you can order all the side dishes and different add ons to your ramen. They have the best broth too. My only complaint is the wait! Otherwise they are the best ramen restaurant!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

I had to wait an hour and it was worth it. It was the best Ramen I ever had. I loved the plum wine also. The menu was large with photos. The server was so nice and helpful describing every thing . I think this is one of my favorite restaurants. It was next door to my hotel.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 30 October 2017

I’ve been driving by this place for a while, always see crowds of people. Finally had the chance and tried it. Arrived weekend around 11:30am. The first wave of customers already went in. So we waited for maybe 20 minutes. At that time, there were still parking spaces. We wanted to try before, but the wait was always very long and no parking spaces.

Had the green onion ramen which had its spicy taste to it. Also chasu ramen. First, the noodle is very good. I’m not sure if they hand-make it here but noodle was good. However, I must be the guy that really likes the tonkotsu flavor. This restaurant’s ramen is not tonkotsu based. So if you are a fan of tonkotsu, this place is not for you. I’m not saying the food is not good, its just not to my liking. Broth is light. Though broth had flavor, but its not the thick tonkotsu flavor that I really like.

So ramen itself is OK but not for my taste.

Date of visit: September 2017