“Very good tacos and burritos”
Review of Taco Mesa

Taco Mesa
Ranked #23 of 523 Restaurants in Costa Mesa
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 16 September 2017

My older grandson ordered the Carne Asada Burrito with guacamole and sour cream. He liked it a lot. He especially like the fact that you could hold it while eating it without it falling apart. I ordered the Wild Salmon Taco and the Alambre (steak and bacon, etc.) Taco. They were both very good. The salmon was very fresh tasting with no brown flesh. At about 1:15 PM on a Wednesday, my grandson had to stand outside to grab one of the tables when it became available. Very busy restaurant. Very good service. They keep the tables clean. Only a couple of parking spots available.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I were spending the weekend in California for her birthday in were craving Mexican food found taco Mesa for dinner and was pleasantly surprised by the menu I had the special with the filet tacos and brie cheese and it was delicious my wife had The taco bowl and it was more than nothing rude players were good not great but over all the impression of the restaurant was good like the local ingredients and great readings Will definitely go back if we're in the area!

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

I really enjoyed this place! The food was delicious especially the Chile Relleno! I will definitely return!

Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

greeeaaat tacos! $1.50 for about 6 or so different tacos. carnitas was the best, super tender . a little salsa bar and free chips. they support local farmers and use non gmo, wasnt a requirement, but always a plus! will definitely be back!

Reviewed 16 January 2017

After reading all the excellent Trip Advisor reviews I was anxious to try Taco Mesa for lunch today and as I was walking up it looked like a neat place and I was getting even more excited but upon walking inside the excitement quickly left.

1. They don't have waiters and waitresses, you have to walk up to a counter and place your order. Once your order is placed you then have to stand there wondering if/when your order has come up. I ordered nacho's and after watching them sit on a tray for a while I had to ask the guy behind the counter if they were mine, he said they were. No telling how long they would have sat there had I not said something.

2. Seating is very limited and unfortunately people who are further back in line will send their friends to steal tables from people who are further up in line leaving them wtihout a table, including me. This is just rude. The people who are in line first should get first dibs on the tables, period.

3. Maybe I should have ordered something other than nachos but they were just OK. There was limited cheese on them and the blackened chicken was dry.

I don't know, I hate to judge a place on one visit but I was just very unimpressed both with the food, the service and the other customers. If you're looking for a place where you can sit down, have a few chips and salsa and a few drinks with some good mexican food, I really do not think this place is that place. I honestly wish I had eaten somewhere else.

1  Thank David D