“Expensive but worth every Cent”

Mastro's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Mastro's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 541 Restaurants in Costa Mesa
Price range: US$60 - US$80
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Bristol
Description: Mastro's collection of sophisticated, classic Steakhouses and Ocean Club seafood locations are recognized for their combination of world-class service, highly acclaimed cuisine, and live entertainment in an elegant yet energetic atmosphere. A truly unparalleled dining experience.
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

I have been a couple of times at Mastros in Costa Mesa. It is old style and attitude but always creates an evening to remember. The lights are low and the atmosphere appropriate and nice at the Bar area while waiting for the table. We did start with the Seafood Tower, an Ice Tower spoiled with incredible fresh seafood, everything from oyster to lobster. Simply splendid. The Ceasars salad after the seafood was really great. Lateron you cannot go wrong with any of the Steaks, but definitely recommend the 18" bone-in-filet. The winelist is good and the Camus Red is always a perfect choice. If you still can eat a desert , then I would recommend the Creme Brülee. As mentioned before, it creates always an evening to remember with Friends.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

Love the bar,, we eat at the sometimes. Good martinis and great steaks. Most steaks are big enough for two, and they will split it for you.

Reviewed 2 December 2017

My wife and I went to dinner before a show with another couple. The entire restaurant was buzzing, and they have a jumping bar. We had reservations, and would only guess that without them the wait would have been over an hour. Our server was careful to ask if we had time constraints--which is always appreciated. The food is definitely well prepared and our server was professional--an attribute lacking in too many restaurants these days. The servings are large and one is not shorted on food. We came back after the show for a drink and enjoyed the live music at the bar. It is a funny place---the food is always good, they have an expansive wine list and we have always liked our servers---it just feels expensive when all is said and done.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I been coming here for 5 years now.

I love the Costa Mesa Mastros more then the Beverly Hills ones because the service and kindness.

The Costa Mesa I just walk in with my bestie and they know me at the bar so I always come here every few months since it’s far from me.

I love the Dry ice Blackberry Martini

When you are drinking it the dry ice gets blown to your face and just makes the drink so much better and they give you one plus the left over drink.

So awesome.

The Beverly Hills doesn’t have dry ice.

The Costa Mesa Mastros is much bigger then the Beverly Hills one plus nice people unlike BH one.

The service is 5 stars the food is 5 stars

You feel like a king or queen when you come here so many people servicing you .

If you have not been here you HAVE to try it.

1  Thank Debbie E
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Excellent music! Excellent service! Excellent food! Attention to all details! From the birthday message on the table menus to the presentation of the dessert! Everything is served with professionalism and a smile. The food is consistently great!! Love the massive menu choices. Wait staff is very knowledgeable and helpful!
This place is packed even mid- week evenings so HIGHLY recommended making reservations!!
Whether you are in one of the many private party rooms or the main restaurant, you will be treated like a VIP!!
This is a place that will never disappoint.
Expensive and worth it!