“BEST, BEST, BEST donuts...period!”

Sidecar Doughnuts & Coffee
Ranked #1 of 22 Dessert in Costa Mesa
Reviewed 22 May 2017

Wow, I had seen the folks who lauded this donut shop on the Food Network so, I came across the country to test it out. It helps that my son, who is in college in the area goes there and tells me how great it is, so I came to visit him and I got the opportunity to eat there. It was INREDiBLE! No joke! Oh my word it was awesome...even the coffee was INCREDIBLE! Go!

Reviewed 20 May 2017

We were so excited to visit the location! I had been reading about these yummy doughnuts for a long time. My husband and I went in and ordered 7 doughnuts and I even purchased one of their coffee mugs. We each ate one and took the others home with us. When we opened the box to have another doughnut we were very surprised and sick to find the doughnuts infested with tiny white bugs! When my husband thoroughly looked in the box he discovered the bugs living in all the folds. I was so disappointed, needless to say we threw the rest of our doughnuts out! And I will tell you our total was $54.00 and change, not cheap! Minus the coffee mug but still $30.00 dollars for doughnuts. Really?

Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

Hubby and I stopped by on a Saturday afternoon. There was a line about 20 people deep but it moved pretty quickly.

They had a nice creative assortment of fresh treats. Some, well most, a little too over the top for me. But we tried 4 different doughnuts:
Horchata filled- Way to sweet and too much nutmeg.
Huckleberry- perfectly fried cake doughnut with delicious little slightly tart and chewy berries.
Old Fashion-fried nicely with great texture. Too much spice like the horchata.
Butter and Salt - Magnificent! Light fluffy fried cake doughnut glazed with a sugary butter and salt glaze. Simple perfection. No gimmicks.

All the doughnuts were fresh and warm!

Have fun try and an assortment to see what you like.

I'll be back and will stick with the simple no gimmick flavors.

Reviewed 5 May 2017

For those donut cravings, when you just want 1-2 to wolf down, this is the perfect place. You'll get a well-made donut that will satisfy your taste buds. The flavors can be unique, although they also have conventional donuts like a vanilla twist that aren't worth it IMO. The only reason to come here would be to sample their more unusual fare which would be rare anywhere else. Huckleberry is one of them.

It's pricey and I would not come here for my weekly contribution of a box of donuts to my workplace. But as an occasional destination for a treat, it's definitely worth it.

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Amazing donuts. Totally worth a trip. Lots of variety, unique flavors, good old standard flavors. We each had two donuts and honestly I wish I could have eaten more..they were that good.