“Looks Can be Decieving”
Review of Kabob Republic

Kabob Republic
Ranked #257 of 570 Restaurants in Costa Mesa
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Description: Our restaurant serves the traditional tastes of Mediterranean with the love and respect that you deserve. Our specialties include the best of Turkish cuisine, Greek cuisine, and overall known as Mediterranean Cuisine. We take pride in preparing old family recipes from the Mediterranean region including the countries in southern Europe, and western Asia that are also healthy and great tasting. Menu Our Ingredients We use only the finest ingredients that are fresh and high-quality to give you the healthiest and tastiest possible experience. Each of our dishes has a unique flavor profile that carries you to the Mediterranean. The flavors of the region come from some of these ingredients, which help us to be able to use less unhealthy salt while still keeping the flavor up. Lemon Sumac Parsley Mint Pomegranate sauces Olive oil Salads and Starters We make our salads with the freshest vegetables and mix our own dressings to give you mouth-watering creations for you to savor the flavor!
Reviewed 23 October 2018

Here you have a small, eat-in/take out kind of place in a typical strip mall, and when you walk through the doors, you feel like you're in Greece. Clean, bright white walls, lots of splashes of color make for a delightful place to dine.

I had let my sister-in-law do the choosing for our "where do we go for dinner after the play" meal out recently. I gave her a list of places, based on our local food critic, Brad Johnson who reviews for the OC Register. Kabob Republic was in his top 75 places to dine in OC. She picked Kabab Republic. I thought well...no beer/wine and it looks like just take out, but we had a glass of wine at the theater, and when we walked in, it was so inviting, that we never felt that it was "just take out". It was quite lovely, a sweet little place to enjoy a great meal and conversation.

We both had their chicken shish kabob, and honestly, the chicken was amazing. So moist, tender & flavorful, and two sides came with the meal. I had their delicious hummus, along with their wonderful rice. What a meal, and with veggies too-that were not overdone! Why did I order the spicy garlic fries also??? I couldn't finish my meal...yet I did sample the fries, which were addicting. The fried cauliflower that my sister-in-law ordered was a "two-thumbs up" item, also.

The young ladies at the counter were very helpful when we were choosing our meals. The chef had a fun sense of humor-just made the place even more enjoyable. Easy to find, lots of parking. Another reason why Costa Mesa is on the map as a great city for dining out. Whatever you are looking for, it's there. We can't wait to go back to Kabob Republic.

Date of visit: October 2018
Annie-Jaydah, Manager at Kabob Republic, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you very much for your awesome review, Carol. It's our pleasure to provide you the best. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

We went to this restaurant after finding it in yelp, the ratings are high so we wanted to give it a try. The menu is simple and clear, we noticed the place is alittle bit dirty and dusty, needs attention to the (cleaning) part. The food is not that bad, I would give it 6.5/10 to be fair.
The cookers cloths are full of dirt spots.
The bathroom is clean, the decor is cute, you feel like your in santorini.

I would say give it a try for once, and thats it.

Date of visit: August 2018

We are very determined to keep our location clean and usually, our customers state that it is sparkling clean. And the food is called "the Best Kabob in Orange County' by OCRegister Food and Restaurant critics and gets really good reviews in general from our guests. We are honestly surprised with your feedback. Must have been an extreme day I assume, maybe we were shorthanded unexpectedly, or there was a technical issue with equipment etc. We apologize for not being able to fulfill your expectation and looking for another chance to provide a better experience.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

Authentic Mediterranean food with tons of flavor. Portions are huge for the value. Place is like a gem, sparkling clean with colorful Mediterranean decoration. Try-Tip Kabob, hummus and the salad was a bomb. Will definitely go back,

Date of visit: June 2018

It's our pleasure to provide you the best, @mylunchspots. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Casual dining at its best. I've had several meals here and enjoyed each one. The Chim Chim Shrimp is my favorite dish. It comes with fresh pita bread right out of the oven. When the shrimp were gone, I kept scooping up sauce and yogurt with the bread. Beyti Kabob is a Turkish specialty. Seasoned ground beef wrapped in pita dough and smothered with a savory tomato sauce. The lamb kabob was as good as any I've had at much more expensive places. Great service as well. I'm looking forward to exploring the whole menu.

Date of visit: June 2018

We appreciate your feedback, @ChrisBlank_FNS. It's our pleasure to provide you the best experience with our food. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Wow, Bodrum and Santorini; real Mediterranean atmostphere in our city, very airy and relaxing. Food is all made from scratch in front of your eyes, very tasty and fresh. Music in the background is fun and again sounds Mediterranean. Service is friendly. This will be one of my regular spots moving forward.

Date of visit: October 2017

We appreciate your review and looking forward to seeing you again @mylunchspots.