“Catch the spiny lobster while it's hot!”
Review of Water Grill

Water Grill
Ranked #18 of 541 Restaurants in Costa Mesa
Reviewed 31 October 2017

It is SPINY LOBSTER season here is Southern California and I was thrilled to learn that it is a special right now at the Water grill. Bring your expense account but we all had amazing meals last night before our concert for the Philharmonic Society of the OC. We ordered sea bass, salmon, swordfish, and the spiny lobster. All meals were excellent and perfectly prepared the way we ordered. Our server was great and knew every item in detail on the menu. He selected an amazing Pinot Noir for us and the four of us agreed it was one of the best seafood experiences we have had in a long time.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

My husband and I first went to the Water Grill in Los Angeles, a few moths after we found ourselves in the San Diego location... now we have a Water Grill close to home. We are hooked on the raw oyster bar! always fresh and delicious! Our favorite is the lobster roll (traditional) warm lobster with butter (they have the Connecticut style as well). The Chilean Sea Bass is also great & their scallops are always cooked to perfection! We highly recommend this place! It is always crowded, so make reservations a head of time!

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Came here for dinner while on business in Orange County. One of my employees recommended. It opened up 10 months ago and well worth the visit. First, its apparent that this is a very popular afterwork bar scene. Very spacious open air bar that flows into the restaurant that has an open floor plan. Fresh seafood as well as high quality steaks. Crab cakes excellent as well as clam chowder . The black cod was recommended by the hostess and did not disappoint. The manager Josh stopped by our table and introduced himself and service was excellent

Reviewed 27 September 2017

Water Grill took over the Scott's Seafood location and did a great job of creating a beautiful restaurant. Staff is great. The location is very large which is great for the theater enabling a bite before the theater. I do suggest reservations. We started with oysters and got a variety with recommendations from our server. They were some of the best I've had in OC. Everyone at the table enjoyed their fish selections. For carnivores there are also meet selections. Not a location for the light in wallet items are price that having been said I think they should rethink the valet parking charge. One would think they would validate.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

A little before 5 pm this past Monday, which happened to be Labor Day in the U.S. my friend and I walked up to this newly renovated space used to belong to a seafood restaurant for the longest time in Orange County history, and now the grand looking place called Water Grill, and decided to give it a try. It turned out to be a absolute delight, wonderful seafood, excellent service, and wonderful ambiance. We started with grilled octopus in tomato sauce, and some rose, and continued to Chilean Seabass Gnocchi, and Orecchiette Shrimp, and ended with a scoop of passion fruit and mango ice cream each. The octopus was tender and the tomato sauce was delicious. My fish was juicy and tender and fresh cleverly accompanied by the homemade gnocchi served with pink creamy sauce. My friend loved her homemade pasta with shrimp.