1,591 results
All reviews suites building john wayne airport junior suite main building newport beach breakfast buffet close to the airport wet bar jacuzzi tub orange county fashion island potatoes uc irvine shuttle service beautiful hotel bed was very comfortable room was large
Reviewed 17 December 2015

The room was large and clean. The reception staff did their very best to arrange for us to be allocated a different room to that originally allocated. Location next to John Wayne airport make it very handy for travel from there. Restaurant staff also very friendly and food was fine.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Munro M
Reviewed 16 December 2015

I stayed at the hotel because it was close to my work. Great place to stay for a great meal and a great stay. Try the pot roast! The area offers great places to catch as well. Front desk staff was very customer orientated.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 December 2015

I booked my stay as a result of all the overwhelming positive reviews I read. It seems that most revolve around the way the place looks as you walk around the grounds. The decor around the hotel and the courtyards are nice, but I wasn't staying because I liked the way the place looked as I walked to my room. If you've stayed at any Ayres Hotel, you get the same decor at any other location, so it's nothing really out of the ordinary when compared that way, other than that, it's not worth the price I paid, especially considering that there is no complimentary breakfast. I've stayed at several Ayres locations around SoCal, and they have all had great complimentary breakfasts. Not here.

I stayed in the king suite with my family. Everything was much smaller than I anticipated. My overall opinion is the rooms just aren't really family friendly or functional. The bathroom door only opens about 1/4 of the way and it hits the toilet. You need to slide in to close the door. If you're dealing with kids and multiple people trying to get ready at the same time, you just can't do it. Only one person can fit in or around the bathroom at a time, you have to shuffle around if someone needs to grab a towel or just wash their hands or whatever.

The next problem I had was a serious safety issue. The windows open up...all the way. They are low enough to the floor that it's definitely concerning. Don't worry though, the are alarmed so after 5-10 seconds you hear a deafening siren go off, but that doesn't change the fact that a child can slip out, alarmed or not. They might as well seal them off. Speaking of alarms, one of my kids set the A/C unit to heat, and smoked the room out setting off the smoke alarm, so be careful about that.

Our room was towards the back of the hotel, near laundry services. Taking the elevator was horrible. It has to be the slowest hotel elevator I've ever been in. It seems that this elevator is used quite a bit with hotel staff. There are times where we waited up to 10 minutes for the elevator, and when it opened up, there was someone that worked there with a laundry bin, and then you had to wait for the next one. They really need their own staff elevator. I don't think there was a time except in the evening where the cleaners or someone wasn't pushing a cart in or out as we were trying to get in. It's very inconvenient.

The next problem was the cable/satellite service is horrible. You could barely watch anything on TV. They need to step it up and get that resolved. The TV's are very small, and are mounted on the wall above the fireplace....well the pretend fireplace. I'm not sure I would advertise fireplaces in every room if you don't mention they are not real, but I guess some people find it a nice touch.

If you're travelling and need to be by the airport, than this is your place. If you're in town visiting and have family, I would find something else.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Bodiky
Reviewed 15 December 2015

We booked this hotel through a travel agency in conjunction with a softball tournament - having never stayed at a Ayres property we were a little nervous (we tend to stick with brands that we know). We were very pleasantly surprised when we arrived - this hotel is BEAUTIFUL!!! The lobby was gorgeous and our room was in the main building on the third floor and looked out on the courtyard with a fountain and bistro tables. The room was very nice and the beds were comfortable. The staff in both the hotel and restaurant were very courteous and accommodating. The free breakfast buffet was great and while the dinner menu was a little limited it was very good. We have definitely put this brand on our list of properties that we love to stay in!!!

Room Tip: Courtyard view rooms in the main building are great!
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 December 2015

nice elegant European style rooms, bath tub with spa facility, Free cab service, huge rooms with huge comfortable beds, well equipped with everything,nice staff, very close to Orange county airport and down town and south coast plaza

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business