“Love this place.”

Ranked #99 of 563 Restaurants in Costa Mesa
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 28 November 2015

Best ramen anywhere. Good price. Love double pork salt ramen. Plus egg. Best broth. Comes in 3 sizes. No takeout so go hungry!

Reviewed 19 October 2015

As one of the busiest food vendors in the Mitsuwa Market place, Santouka is worth to visit. I've tried all the flavors, but my favorites are Cara Miso Ramen or Miso Ramen.

Since the vendor is always busy, try to come at 11 AM, you will not encounter the long queuing of customers and still have time to check the menu until you decide. And don't forget to bring cash since the vendor does not accept credit card.

Reviewed 13 October 2015

I have grown upon ramen from Japan and California. Everywhere I go I look for a good ramen shop. This one of the best authentic tasting ramen around. I like the spicy miso ramen

Reviewed 23 August 2015

Very Good Ramen, very good quality, other than it is in a food court in the Japanese market, it would be the best if it was situated in an independent structure...

Reviewed 6 January 2015

I'm certain my review won't add any value to this already popular establishment but I just want to pitch in my $.02.

No doubt the ramen here is awesome. The broth is extremely flavorful and hot. They give you a generous portion of chasu. The quality is just top notch.

But, I do have some gripes. For instance, if you order a small, they give you a very small portion of noodles and they do not offer the option of adding extra noodles. Your best bet is to upgrade to a medium or a large.

Even though the ramen here is exceptional, please keep in mind a SMALL bowl of chasu miso ramen will nearly cost you $10 without any add-ons. But, I guess you get what you pay for.

Also, please keep in mind this establishment is CASH ONLY!