“Very Good Ramen, very good quality, other than it is in a food court in the Japanese market, it would be the best...”
Review of Santouka Ramen

Santouka Ramen
Ranked #98 of 546 Restaurants in Costa Mesa
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 23 August 2015

Very Good Ramen, very good quality, other than it is in a food court in the Japanese market, it would be the best if it was situated in an independent structure...

Reviewed 6 January 2015

I'm certain my review won't add any value to this already popular establishment but I just want to pitch in my $.02.

No doubt the ramen here is awesome. The broth is extremely flavorful and hot. They give you a generous portion of chasu. The quality is just top notch.

But, I do have some gripes. For instance, if you order a small, they give you a very small portion of noodles and they do not offer the option of adding extra noodles. Your best bet is to upgrade to a medium or a large.

Even though the ramen here is exceptional, please keep in mind a SMALL bowl of chasu miso ramen will nearly cost you $10 without any add-ons. But, I guess you get what you pay for.

Also, please keep in mind this establishment is CASH ONLY!

Reviewed 21 September 2014 via mobile

In the food court and does not look like much. But it's really good! The miso base is one of best I've had. Spicy miso is not too spicy and had good flavor. Kids loved it.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Located in the Mitsuwa Marketplace near South Coast Plaza. Came at 6pm on a Monday so crowds were lighter. Order at the window, get a number and pick up order when your number is called. Take time to scan the menu for the choices can be confusing. We ordered the Shoyu and the Miso ramen. Broth was flavorful but not too salty nor heavy. Noodles were a dente and toppings were tasty. Food court is compact but turnover is quick. A/C could have been better especially eating hot Ramen!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

It's just yummy.

My wife is a Ramen lover... as for me... it's always been good (not the add water kind). This place is better than good.

We always order the Spicy Miso Ramen. The broth is rich and fatty (I really doubt it's healthy) with just the right amount of salt (so you don't feel too bloated and swollen a half hour later). The noodles are always perfect... I have no clue if they are homemade or not but they are neither soggy nor hard. The toppings for the most part are always fresh. My only negative is sometimes the pork has a bit too much fat on it but... if this is what adds to the broth than... worth the fat.

Service is to be expected b/c it's a food court but you rarely wait more than 10 minutes for your order. Seating is a pain but hey... it's a good court.

Place is great. I'm glad we don't live closer... we'd eat it a few times per weei.