“A+ Breakfast”
Review of Lighthouse Cafe

Lighthouse Cafe
Ranked #12 of 46 Restaurants in Corte Madera
Reviewed 13 March 2017

stopped here on a quick morning trip to Marin and had a delicious breakfast - Banana Pancakes, light and fluffy with the bananas right in the pancake ( so many place just pile the fruit on top - it's not the same at all). Also had a Crab and Lobster Benedict and it was excellent - the staff was very friendly and attentive and the interior charming and not too noisy. Great for families with kids and a nice change from most small and cramped diner style place. Well done - I'll be sure to be returning!

Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

Visited late Sunday morning for breakfast. I had Mexican scrambled eggs with chorizo and pepper which was great. Good range of other breakfast items, American, Danish and Mexican. Lots of coffee and lovely sourdough toast. Had to queue for a while but it was worth it.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

We really wanted to love this busy cafe. My date and I ordered much needed coffee while we waited for a pal to park the car ( NOTE: can be hard on a Sat morning)
To say the coffee mugs were thimbles would be unfair. But, close. Impossible to get a refill... our pal joined us - we scoured the menu - looked for our busy waitress and gave up. Got the bill....the thimbles were $2.50 and we had to tip, too.

Reviewed 19 January 2017

For Corte Madera and Larkspur residents, this can be a quiet go-to place for a breakfast or lunch meeting. It is causal and you will not feel rushed. I only wish the menu could have more interesting options that are either seasonal or creative or both. Also, portions are small so people looking for a larger appetite breakfast will be disappointed.

Reviewed 11 December 2016

One of the few times we have been led astray by Tripadvisor reviews.
We came here for breakfast after reading the reviews.

The decor is pretty plain and there is nothing here that has to do with a lighthouse. (It's in town, nowhere close to the bay.) The food was mediocre and there are no choices at all for anyone with any dietary restrictions. Worse was the service. I'm normally not nit-picky, but when one of our friends said her eggs were under-cooked and asked for them to be cooked longer, the waitress started arguing with her. The toast finally arrived at our table after we had all finished eating.

Disappointing food, service and atmosphere. I guess I can only be thankful that we didn't have to wait in line for this.