“Cool atmosphere, food pretty good”
Review of E.J. Phair

E.J. Phair
Ranked #26 of 356 Restaurants in Concord
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

The service was excellent and the wall beer menus were really cool. My pizza was awesome except for the soggy center. The beer was pretty good - tough for them being so close to beer meccas like Berkeley. Overall a very nice stop.

Reviewed 3 May 2018

I had breaded pork cutlet [I will call it] with red cabbage and spaetzle. It was very good, especially the cabbage. They put bacon crumbs in with the spaetzli, not necessary in my opinion. Same for the mushroom sauce, its nice, but I’d get it on the side. Decent, not great, beer selection. Good value [$14], and varied menu, lets them sneak in with an excellent rating.

Reviewed 25 April 2018

This was always one of my favorite spots, but last time I went, the steak sandwich was just a hunk of fat on some bread. It was completely inedible, and while I was the only one at my table who sent something back, no one was particularly thrilled with their meal. It wasn't just a food quality issue either - their menu had completely different prices from what was advertised on their website. When I mentioned this to the server, she seemed completely uninterested. At least the beer was still good so I might go back for a pint, but never to eat!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Great place to have a beer and a nice bite to eat. Kind of a locals hangout. Less than a mile from my house, it's just a fun & cool place. Outside patio faces Todos Santos Pak and if you are fortunate enough to snag a patio table during one of the many concerts at the park, you've got it made! I can drive by there pretty much at any time of the day or evening, and I will always see someone I know there.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Nice place for pub food. Great food, nice burgers and fish & chips, attentive service with a large variety of their own beers as well as others on tap. Service was very good and attentive.